Director of Commercial Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, the World's largest roofing manufacturer.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you. At GAF, putting a roof over your head is the foundation of our business. As we continue to pursue the excellence that has led us to the top, one thing is constant- it's all the best in the industry, and it's made by the best people in the industry.
The Director of Low Slope Planning reports to the Executive Director of Supply Chain Planning and is responsible for all planning activities related to the Low Slope business. The Director will oversee both Supply Planning and Demand Planning and will ensure that they are aligned to achieve the goals of the department and company. The candidate will engage all cross functional groups to drive an integrated planning approach and ensure key processes and systems are utilized. The Director will be responsible for the strategic decisions and planning of the Low Slope business for both short and long term goals.
- Provide strategic direction for Supply Chain Planning activities that supports the Logistics and Transportation Vision, and ensure Corporate and Plant Logistics organization acts in accordance with this direction.
- Ensure Supply Chain Planning processes and systems are in place for the organization to meet required service levels and cost objectives.
- Work with Network Analyst on the continued evaluation of GAF mfg, sourcing and distribution network.
- Develop leading and lagging Key Process Indicators (KPI's) for the Supply Chain Planning processes to track performance and to identify and implement improvements.
- Continually develop organizational talent to ensure sustainability of culture of continuous improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
* Advanced knowledge Supply Chain Planning concepts
* Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Intermediate proficiency in Business Intelligence systems, such as TM1
* Advanced knowledge of Supply Chain Planning support and ERP systems
* BA/BS Degree required; Degree in Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering preferred
* 7-10 years of related experience in a high volume manufacturing, distribution, Supply Chain planning, and/or transportation environment
* APICS certification desirable
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship
No search firms please.