Director of Communications 9/6/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ClearVision Optical is seeking a talented public relations professional who will increase the effectiveness of our media strategy and marketing positioning. This individual should be adept at formulating and managing public relations-based campaigns from concept through execution. Through the strategic use of industry contacts and thoughtful content, the candidate will further sales goals and increase company visibility. Partnering directly with the creative staff, the ideal candidate will develop an understanding of the various voices required to speak to our target audiences.
Suitable candidates will be _energized by crafting messages_ which defi ne ClearVision within the optical market. With a strong sense of timeliness and ownership, this individual will be tasked with developing full media campaigns which support our multiple brands. S/He should understand the identity, demographic, and defining features of each eyewear collection. Having a sharp eye for fashion trends, paired with a descriptive vocabulary will be very beneficial. We are looking for someone who is passionate about gaining media coverage to promote brand awareness; both trade and consumer.
The candidate should be versed in _creating a successful public relations plan_, which includes outreach, content development, press releases, and associated budgeting. The skilled candidate will have a proven ability to adapt copy from offline sources for online use. An important part of this role requires experience in communicating via social media and digital environments. If you are versed in utilizing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, and blogging in a strategic and profit-boosting way, this may be the right opportunity for you.
This position plays a pivotal role within a creative Marketing team. The group thrives on brainstorming, idea sharing, and campaign development that is innovative and unique. You will _publicize the unique culture and values of the organization_ by serving as a corporate spokesperson. ClearVision has a strong emphasis on philanthropy and community involvement, which you will showcase through targeted outreach. Our benefits are outstanding and we pride ourselves on providing countless learning opportunities. If you are looking for a fun organization that is focused on employee development and growth, this might be the right position for you.
In addition, this position will be responsible for managing our event staff. Responsibilities include:
* Overseeing company trade shows and events - national shows, regional shows, sales meetings, etc.
* Develop trade show strategies to support company sales and marketing initiatives.
* Manage and oversee implementation of company sales meetings on a regional and national level.
* Planeventmarketing to support company sales and marketing initiative to include: brand events; product launches; company supported training events.
* Support speaking engagements for company executives and staff at various industry events.
* EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE THE BRAND AND EACH COLLECTION RELEASE TO MULTIPLE AUDIENCES.
* Obtain specific information on brand positioning, trends and product descriptions through co-management of product content meetings.
* Responsibility includes complete understanding of brand positioning and the individual frames and their relevancy to the marketplace and the collection.
* Write frame descriptions and effectively communicate them to multiple audiences.
* MANAGE INCOMING MEDIA REQUESTS AND BUILD RELATIONSHIPS WITH INDUSTRY JOURNALISTS.
* Pitch stories to the media based on marketing goals; field media calls and monitor press and social coverage.
* Support brands in direct to consumer positioning and placements.
* Research marketing and positioning opportunities within industry.
* Maintain contact with major buying groups and associations; provide monthly content and monitor activity.
* CREATE, EXECUTE AND MEASURE MEDIA CAMPAIGNS.
* Write blog posts, articles, press releases, media alerts, communications materials, and otherdigital material. Determine relevant online and social channels for optimal engagement.
* Identify key messages that support sales and marketing plan, determine appropriate distributionchannels and cohesively communicate to the industry.
* Work directly with design team to develop concepts and materials.
* Research marketing and industry trends. Ability to read, interpret and act upon analysis information.
* UTILIZE SOCIAL MEDIA TO DELIVER PR MESSAGES.
* Develop social mediacampaigns to support media relations and sales efforts for both trade and corporate.
* Marry PR approach with ongoing social strategy and monthly sales/marketing goals.
* Monitor online conversations and participate in those conversations to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
* Using Google Analytics, insights and sprout social and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
* Provide ROI data and explanation
* DEVELOP AND MAINTAIN OUR ORGANIZATION\'S CORPORATE IMAGE AND IDENTITY.
* Outreach to promote and support corporate positioning through communications, and media relationships on a local and business level.
* Position CVO locally as a leader within small business environment.
* Seek out opportunities for awareness and positioning; craft message and promote.
* Support company philanthropic outreach through social, content and PR channels on local and national level.
* Devote time to planevents that will increase company exposure.
Desired Skills a self-starter who proactively anticipates the unexpected and has an adaptive mentality.
* Team player with strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues.
* Skilled multi-tasker; adept at prioritizing and organizing multiple projects and managing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION versed in managing and developing industry relationships.
* A solid understanding of current marketing principles.
* Versed in leveraging social media as a business tool