Director of Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We re not just designers. We re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems.
The Director of Compliance based in Washington, DC will be the firm s chief compliance officer and report to the General Counsel and to the Compliance Committee of the Board. The Director of Compliance will collaborate with legal, HR, finance, and business colleagues to develop, implement and maintain a compliance and ethics program at Gensler across all business segments and international operations. The program seeks to ensure that the firm and its members are complying with regulatory requirements and internal policies and procedures. The Director of Compliance will advocate and educate within the firm for a culture of compliance and sound ethical behavior.
What You Will Do
* Assessing Gensler s current compliance efforts, including carrying out risk assessments.
* Overseeing the ongoing design, development, and implementation of the compliance and ethics program, ensuring the program meets legal and regulatory requirements, addresses areas of greatest risk, and encourages managers and employees to report suspected violations without fear of retaliation.
* Balancing the inter-relationships of regulatory risks, business needs (including costs), and internal controls to maintain a high level of compliance.
* Conducting periodic targeted risk assessments to identify potential threats and vulnerabilities, and develop action plans to mitigate the risks.
* Managing all third-party screenings across the firm.
* Assisting General Counsel and senior executives on compliance issues that may arise in connection with projects and offices that may be situated in countries that suffer from corruption issues.
* Maintaining current knowledge of laws and regulations, identifying trends in compliance and ethics programs activities and practices.
* Providing guidance and reporting to the Compliance Committee, senior management, staff, and employees on significant compliance matters and the effectiveness of the compliance program.
* Update training and awareness-raising programs and materials on the Code of Conduct, anti-corruption and bribery, and ensure appropriate training across the firm.
* Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations and any resulting corrective actions across the firm and with providers and sub-providers, agents and, if appropriate, independent contractors.
* Ensuring proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
* Consulting with General Counsel to resolve legal compliance issues.
* Responding to government investigations and queries in coordination with the General Counsel.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to Well-being Week, our offices reflect our teams diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.