Director of Construction
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead all the construction efforts of the team by setting the strategy to accomplish organizational objectives and performing the day- to-day execution of tasks for assigned functional areas.
* Oversees all build projects and ensures they are executed and completed in a timely manner and on budget.
* Creates projected budgets early in the design phase of a project.
* Coordinates pre-construction planning with design team, contractor.
* Reviews and approves the phasing and construction plan developed by the owner/contractor.
* Assists in the review and redlining of plans and specifications during the schematic design, design development and construction document phases of pre-construction.
* Develops timelines and critical path scheduling for initial project start up.
* Works closely with our GC partner to review all major subcontractor and material bids.
* Provides input on future projects; assists development on code analysis, constructability, and estimating and code compliance.
* Represents in project meetings with clients, the city and design team.
* Makes decisions and recommendations which greatly impact corporate relationship with Developer or Owner.
* Reviews all site plans and related civil work for efficiency, construability and livability.
* Strategic Planning; works with upper management to develop long term plans for the organization around the growth and development of construction.
* Communicates with development team, ownership and GC partner to provide quality results while protecting company interests.
* Collaborates with development team leaders towards a common goal; streamline the project delivery process, review progress of buy-out, submittals, construction schedule and performance on all projects.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Construction Management, Project Management or equivalent and commensurate combination of education and experience
* 7-10 years working in commercial real estate construction; preferably in the hospitality industry
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of applicable laws , development and construction processes and pricing
* Must be a self-starter, highly motivated and goal-oriented
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrates record of successful project management in complex situations.
* Must be able to work in a team environment
* Effective organizational, prioritization and time management skills
* Flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
* Accurate, detail oriented, dependable and punctual
* Must be resourceful, flexible, and maintain the ability to react and respond quickly with a focus on accuracy.
* Displays initiative and strong sense of personal motivation as well as responsibility.
* Willingness and patience to improve/refine work product
* Ability and willingness to travel to various locations as required