Director of Corporate Communications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Saint Paul, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
Merrill Corporation is seeking an energetic, thoughtful, and versatile person to fill the Director of Corporate Communications role. The objective of this position is to effectively communicate Merrill s story and raise awareness of the company in the finance, technology, and general business communities.
The Director of Corporate Communications will create and execute on Merrill s public relations and corporate communications strategy, working collaboratively with various departments and senior management. In this critical role, the ideal candidate is an exceptional business communicator and passionate professional with 10+ years of PR experience, including 5+ years in the finance or technology industries.
* Manage all Merrill s corporate communications and media relations activities
* Create and execute on strategies to build Merrill s presence and reputation
* Proactively and positively position the company in the marketplace, showing differentiation from competitors
* Craft thoughtful and well-researched content pieces to build engagement with external audiences
* Identify speaking engagements and media opportunities for senior leadership. Develop articles, presentations, and speeches on their behalf
* Act as spokesperson for Merrill
* Own crisis management plan
* Manage relationship with PR firm
* Work closely with marketing/sales/product to develop media-focused programs about new product launches
* Oversee internal communications efforts, including corporate social responsibility and employee recruitment programs
* Create and build relationships with key reporters, analysts, and influencers
* Collaborate with colleagues to align PR programs with other marketing activities, including web, social, and email
* Track and present metrics to evaluate impact and effectiveness of communications program
* Bachelor s degree in communications or humanities field
* 10+ years proven track record in communications
* PR experience in a B2B, SaaS or Cloud-based company
* Both PR agency and client-side experience
* Foundational knowledge of finance and technology industries
* Exceptional business writing, editing, and proofreading skills. Writing samples required
* Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to positively engage with stakeholders at all levels of the company
* Demonstrated digital experience
* Experience managing people a plus
Merrill is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Visit this URL to know more http://www.merrillcorp.com/eeo-aae-policy.htm
Merrill participates in the E-Verify program as required by law.
Merrill is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities.
Merrill is a drug-free workplace.