Director of Cost Accounting 9/7/2016
High End Health and Beauty Corporation
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY One of our premiere clients with over 30 years of experience in personal skincare and wellness products that are designed with premium botanical elements and state-of-the-art scientific discovery is seeking a DIRECTOR OF COST ACCOUNTING to join their growing team!
You will be based at the headquarters in Newport Beach, CA. As a Director of Cost Accounting, you be managing the Cost Accounting Department and its activities and supervising a staff of three accountants. If you have seven or more years' of experience in an accounting field, a keen understanding of cost analysis and a strong working knowledge of Oracle, please submit your resume in Word format.
* Manage the Cost Accounting department and supervise a staff of up to three accountants and daily activities.
* Lead and manage the cost accounting, inventory control audit and operation resources.
* Manage the inventory control and audit functions and provide co-management of operations and expense budgets.
* Ensure compliance with targeted operational metrics and perform monthly financial analysis on operational performance against plan and forecast.
* Develop communications to the Executive Management Team on weekly operating performance and drive the operational aspects of the planning process.
* Provide overall financial support for this business unit, reporting to the Companies' Managing Director.
* Bridge FP+A, Cost Analysis, and Cost Accounting responsibilities and draw on resources within those areas.
* Design, develop and provide testing for a complete re-installation of our ERP system in 2017/2018 (Oracle or SAP) requiring a critical leadership responsibility for the and launch of this upgraded system.
* Work with the Operations Management and FP&A teams on the annual planning process and develop the annual budgets and periodic forecasts for cost of goods sold, inventory and our manufacturing facility functions.
* Analyze variances between actual and budget/forecast.
* Lead and manage the year end physical inventory audit function.
* Lead the annual standard cost update processes and ensure standard cost are properly maintained throughout the year.
* Responsible for the gross margin forecast process and be the point person for this monthly task.
* Oversee the monthly and quarterly comments and analysis on operational performance that impact gross margin and inventory.
* Review, analyze, and communicate the actual monthly financial and operational results to the operations management team so they know how they actually perform against the monthly targets.
* Ensure Operations spending is within their budget and identify needs to cut expenses appropriately if there is a reduction in production volumes.
* Develop an understanding of the production volume effect on variable, semi-fixed and fixed overhead cost.
* Work with the operations management team to ensure the weekly operational metrics drive the desired M/E financial goals and objectives.
* Act as a business advisor to human resources planning to ensure productivity percentage and efficiency improvement are fully considered.
* Provide weekly financial analysis and reporting on operational performance using the key metrics dashboard (e.g. DL and OH labor over and under absorption, OH & DL expenses per unit produced, cycle count accuracy %, material over and under buys, inventory turnover by key customer accounts, and inventory cycle count adjustments).
* Work with the operations team on a weekly basis to manage the manufacturing variances effects to gross margin.
* Make sure inventory management and operations teams meet their monthly goals and objectives.
* Work with the operations team on a weekly basis to manage the excess inventory and obsolete process by ensuring obsolete inventories are fully reserved and disposed of physically within 90 days.
* Work with Sales & Marketing and Supply & Demand teams to ensure quick actions on excess inventories (special promo or discount given to expedite excess inventories sales).
* Support the weekly production, shipped, and cost forecast for Finance and Operations.
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required. Master's degree is highly desirable.
* At least 10 years related work experience in a manufacturing environment.
* STRONG WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ORACLE IS MANDATORY.
* Over seven years' managing the Cost Accounting function and supporting senior management.
* Solid understanding of financial statements and GAAP accounting principles.
* Possess the ability to drive operational improvements grounded in financial and operational analysis.
* Provide analyses and maintain ongoing interaction with both finance and operations.
* Must have strong leadership skills and a "can do" attitude that drives operational and financial results.
* Experience in financial month-end closing (process, requirements, reporting, etc).
* Superior Excel financial modeling and PowerPoint skills.
* Experience with Access database a plus.
* Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills while demonstrating the ability to understand key business drivers and offer workable solutions.
* Must possess a strong attention to detail.
* Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.