Director of Digital Communications Strategy
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Trustees of Dartmouth College
JOB DESCRIPTIONADVERTISEMENT TEXT
The director of digital communications strategy advises and leads the Advancement Communications team in disseminating Dartmouth s key messages and most compelling stories, especially for development purposes, through online channels, including social media, traditional websites, and other properties. This position collaborates with communications peers sharing related content for Alumni Relations purposes.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Ability to employ social media and other digital assets to boost philanthropic campaigns
* Understanding of best practices in storytelling through digital media
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Ability to lead multiple complex projects that cross both media and organizational boundaries
* Working knowledge of design software (such as Adobe Photoshop or InDesign)
* Strong familiarity with HTML
* Experience with video production or direction
* Ability to lead staff members and manage contractors or freelancers
* Understanding of educational or other non-profit communications
* Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
* 7+ years of relevant digital and communications leadership experience, including social media management tools, tracking, and analytics
* Active presence in social media and digital platforms
* Experience using content management systems, preferably Drupal
* Bachelor s degree or higher in marketing/communications or a related discipline OR equivalent experience in marketing/communications
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
DEPARTMENT CONTACT FOR COVER LETTER
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Digital Communications Strategy
* Collaborates with Advancement Communications staff and other Advancement colleagues to lead a robust social media and overall online presence serving Dartmouth s development needs.
* Partners with Advancement Communications colleagues serving Alumni Relations clients on overall use of social media to ensure a coherent online presence for Advancement.
* Collaborates with Advancement colleagues, and, as needed, directs freelancers or outside firms, to create effective, dynamic, content-rich websites for various development purposes.
* Reaches across departmental boundaries to influence and connect digital communications efforts throughout Advancement, graduate/professional schools, Dartmouth Communications, and other Dartmouth departments and offices.
* Advises colleagues throughout Advancement on best practices and emerging trends in email marketing, SEO, and mobile applications.
* Partners with Dartmouth colleagues and, as needed, freelancers, students, and others in production, deployment, and archiving of video content.
* Collaborates with Advancement web producers and others to implement, gather, and interpret metrics across Advancement platforms. Use this data to help Advancement Communications colleagues better meet the needs of clients and audiences.
* Analyzes trends and best practices in digital marketing. Regularly share recommendations on technologies, tactics, and strategies to Advancement colleagues.
Performs other duties as assigned.