Director of Digital Strategy 8/23/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL STRATEGY
We are seeking a Director of Digital Strategy who is creative, intuitive, resourceful and influential with a true passion for all things digital. This person will drive high-level, strategic discussions on the 360-degree role of digital for our diverse roster of clients, which include a variety of B2C and B2B industries. He or she will align digital strategies with our client's business goals and objectives by creating integrated, multi-channel marketing plans that are customer-centric, data-driven and results-oriented.
The Director of Digital Strategy will serve as a thought leader across the agency and will be expected to cultivate new business and identify growth opportunities with existing clients. He or she will lead, mentor and integrate a group of highly skilled subject matter experts in specific digital marketing channels, including web, email, social, mobile, search, online advertising and loyalty.
Under this person's leadership, our agency will continue to create transformational digital marketing solutions that provide tangible business outcomes for clients. At DEG, we subscribe to a philosophy of value-based marketing built on thoughtful customer insights. With a focus on the creative application of technology and an emphasis on our client's customers, the Director of Digital Strategy will develop and oversee strategic marketing programs built on technical expertise and marketing savvy.
Named one of _Inc._ magazine's "25 Companies That Are Changing the World," our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make a real impact. Because we were born digital, we are situated to adapt and quickly respond to the ever-evolving nature of the space. _And we embrace the demand for agile thinking that it presents. _
With competitive benefits and a dedication to work/life balance, we are also a great place to work. For five years in a row, we have been recognized by the _Kansas City Business Journal_ as one of the "Best Places to Work," a result of surveys submitted by our own associates. Compared to national industry standards, DEG also consistently maintains a low turnover rate.
* Form and grow trust-based relationships with existing and potential client businesses by formulating digital strategies that are consistent with their goals and objectives.
* Recommend, prioritize and implement the appropriate mix of digital tactics to drive brand awareness, customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
* Partner with Client Service and Creative teams to design and conduct research to uncover consumer and cultural insights, and derive product truths that surface opportunities and meaning for brands, leading to strategic recommendations in line with our client's customers.
* Work closely with the Analytics team to design measurement and testing mechanisms that evaluate the success of campaigns, and analyze program performance in order to deliver recommendations for optimization.
* Pioneer new ways of thinking by leveraging the wealth of knowledge we have from CRM data, and continually seek innovative and breakthrough ideas, approaches and solutions by staying current with consumer consumption habits, "first-to-market" opportunities, best practices and emerging technologies.
* Develop POVs and contribute to DEG marketing and sales efforts, including new business, by delivering valuable perspective on trends, behaviors and technologies.
* Provide counsel, guidance and leadership to several direct and indirect reports while ensuring success by managing work quality and productivity levels (i.e. utilization).
* Act as a guiding resource for digital channel directors and the agency as a whole by identifying inefficiencies and suggesting process improvements.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in advertising, marketing, communications, general business, or a related discipline.
* 10+ years of relevant experience in digital marketing at an agency and/or consulting firm; 4+ years in digital strategic planning preferred.
* Possess in-depth knowledge and commitment to continual learning of digital marketing, with the ability to articulate and educate clients and team members.
* Proven ability to think holistically and understand clients' business models, extrapolating opportunities to strategically infuse digital into client marketing mix in order to engage, inform and motivate target audiences.
* Strong collaborator with the ability to work well cross-functionally to formulate long-range strategic plans that solve for the "big picture."
* Established leadership experience, including a talent to influence business partners, inspire co-workers and develop talent.
* Demonstrable success leading and managing multiple digital marketing channels, including, but not limited to, web, email, social, mobile, search, online advertising and loyalty.
* Proven working experience with B2B and B2C audiences for variety of industry verticals, with retail and consumer goods strongly desired.
* Adeptness to quickly interpret data and analytics in order to make well-substantiated recommendations.
* Track record of winning new business and achieving bottom line results for both client and agency.
* Excellent interpersonal, writing, research, analytical, negotiation and persuasive presentation skills.
* Capacity and willingness to rapidly adapt, thrive and multi-task in a highly dynamic workplace.
* Ability to create, organize, implement, monitor and adjust multiple projects simultaneously.
* Capability to procure and leverage outside vendor relationships with technology partners.
* Proficiency at using various digital systems, platforms and analytical tools and business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Google Analytics, etc.)
* Ability to use a computer regularly and for long intervals.
* Periodic travel required.
DEG creates smart digital marketing, commerce and collaboration strategies that empower organizations to amplify their competitive advantages and achieve their objectives. We use our expertise to impact the trajectory of business by crafting innovative approaches that employ digital direct marketing and eCRM, social media, integrated e-commerce, web content management, enterprise collaboration, and mobile development -- all driven and supported by analytics, process management, technological prowess and award-winning creative.
Since we opened our doors in 1999, one of our most important goals has been to create a culture in which excellence is recognized, individualism is encouraged and the workplace is vibrant. We think we've accomplished that, and the fact that DEG has been repeatedly recognized as one of the area's "Best Places to Work" backs that up.
But how have we done it It starts with building a profitable, stable company and extending the more traditional benefits to our associates and their families, including:
* Multiple Health Plan options (including PPO/HMO) and company-paid premiums for all associates with no waiting period
* Life Insurance, AD&D, and Short- and Long-Term Disability, with premium covered by DEG
* Independent Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
* Optional Group Dental and Vision Plans
* Optional 401k Retirement Savings Plan with company-sponsored matching program
* Personal Emergency Services, including travel assistance and identity theft protection
* Bonus Plan based on company and individual performance
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
But just as our take on digital strategy is far from traditional, so are the benefits of hanging your hat here at DEG. Ours is a fun, energetic, casual work environment. We offer flexible schedules and collaborative, cross-disciplinary work. You have the opportunity to work with high-profile clients in myriad industries and visionary leaders and technologists in every discipline.