Director of Engineering 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Director of Engineering & Grid Services position is responsible for the overall strategic management and supervision of COMPANY's Engineering and Grid Services Areas. The Director of Engineering Professional Engineering license required.
* Demonstrated experience with utility operations, power supply issues, rate making, strategic planning and labor relations preferred.
* Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required.
* Ability to work well with customers and elected/appointed officials in high public profile positions is essential.
* Ability to work long hours to accommodate workload and emergencies.
* Answering phone calls after business hours is required.
* Promote professional behavior that reflects excellent customer service and encourages working partnerships with internal (e.g. employee) and external (e.g. ratepayer) customers.
* Ability to effectively manage the Engineering area in such a manner that COMPANY is able to meet its strategic mission, goals and objectives.
* Ability to attend evening meetings as well as travel to conferences, workshops or other professional meetings required.
* Simultaneously manage multiple projects within established deadlines required.
* Working knowledge of National Electric Code, National Electric Safety Code, and distribution system construction standards required.
* Ability to actively support City diversity, equity, and cultural competency efforts within stated job responsibilities and work effectively across diverse cultures and constituencies.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as evidenced by ongoing trainings and professional development.
* Regular attendance is necessary and is essential to meeting the expectations of the job functions.
* Ability to understand and comply with City standards, safety rules and personnel policies.