Director of Engineering 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TOP "MUST HAVES" FOR THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
* Minimum of 5years managing an engineering department in a machinery manufacturing environment.
* Must have 10years' experience with design / application engineeringpreferred.
* Experience in packaging machinery, esp. for beverage, food, and/or household products.
* Previous experience working in an engineer-to-order business.
* Experience in mechanical, electrical, electromechanical, and controls systems desired
Our client is a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing products and solutions for food, beverage, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, and other diverse companies. They offer a diverse customer base, from Fortune 500 companies to smaller, privately-held businesses worldwide, which depend on reliable, flexible, technologically advanced equipment and integrated solution sets. They provides durable, reliable, and hygienic liquid filling and capping machinery for decades. Our client serves a variety of markets including dairy, juice, water, food, chemical, coatings, and pharmaceutical companies worldwide. They also provide custom tailored extended shelf life (ESL) solutions to meet the strict demands of today's marketplace.
THE DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING WILL REPORT TO THE GENERAL MANAGER OF OPERATIONS AND WILL:
* Solve customers' technical application needs by interfacing with them and with sales/marketing on applying equipment to specific customer needs.
* Work collaboratively with internal departments and suppliers to meet business goals of quality, cost, and delivery.
* Lead others in the generation of creative ideas and problem solving.
* Lead in machine designs that perform to customer requirements and are safe, reliable, and cost effective.
* Lead the design execution of new product development in both machines and aftermarket applications.
* Improve effectiveness and productivity of engineers.
* Manage own time and time of engineering teams to meet capacity demands and deadlines.
* Masters product knowledge through training and personal efforts.
* Reviews customer orders and applies technical and cost-effective solutions to help customers meet their business needs.
* Ensures that the engineering group designs reliable equipment and solves issues impacting machine reliability. Implementing processes and practices that sustain these characteristics.
* Ensures that machines meet all applicable safety and industry standards (e.g. food safety).
* Meets with customers, listen to their needs, and develop appropriate solutions.
* Develops and implements product development plans, with prioritization and resource assignment. Requires understanding how to prioritize and incorporate competing design criteria (i.e. use of a tool like QFD).
* Contributes to long range/strategic planning and to developing a view of future directions for product and process.
* Investigates and evaluates technologies new to Federal.
* Develops and executes to capital and operating budgets.
* Evaluates manning requirements and executes solutions to meeting these requirements.
* Meets development and project schedules and implements processes and practices that support and sustain these schedules.
* Creates and implements training and development plans for engineering groups. Create effective on-boarding programs for new engineering talent.
* Uses and applies employee work hours and skills effectively.
* Understands and implements processes that make effective department use of technological tools (e.g. CAD and ERP systems).
* Identifies and prioritizes opportunities for improving the functions of engineering. Develops and implements action plans for carrying out these opportunities.
* Interfaces with and provides technical expertise to other Federal functions and suppliers to resolve issues or improve the business.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
The position will be based in the Midwest, USA. A significant compensation package will be developed for the successful candidate that includes a base salary and performance-based bonus.