Director of Engineering 8/31/2016
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
The Director of Engineering will own architecture and development of clients ansa digital analytics platformcurrently being used by the world's largest consumer products companies and retailers. This is a new and growing product line, and you will help extend the platform and services that allow it to scale and grow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Primary focus will be to lead our end-to-end Services platform including Engineering and QA.
* Grow and manage the ansa engineering team while collaborating with other leaders across the business.
* Execute against our development roadmap and grow a component services architecture that incorporates design patterns and follows industry best practices.
* Work closely with Product Management to ensure product infrastructure keeps pace with new feature development.
* Assist with UI/Services/DB development as needed.
* Work with Data Science to productize new automated data algorithms.
* Drive an "Agile" process incorporating Test Driven Development.
* Help execute a development strategy that not only uses our core engineering team, but also leverages offshore resources to speed development.
* Look for ways to leverage our existing technology, and where appropriate expand upon that technology in a way that can be folded back into the current platform. You will own the architecture. If our technology is holding us up we will change it!
* 4+ years leading engineering teams and coordinating cross-team development.
* 10+ years of relevant experience and a degree in CS, Engineering, or a related field.
* Thought leader who has architected a platform acting upon large data sets and integrating into 3rd party systems.
* Have helped build Enterprise applications with thousands of users.
* Experience with REST based service-oriented architecture is essential.
* Java/J2EE, JSON and DBMS experience are required.
* Python, CSS3, HTML 5, Jersey, Angular.js experience is highly desired.
* Experience building Analytical routines which act upon large data sets is a big plus.
* SQL Server, NoSQL, OLAP, MDX, Vertica and Big Data experience are plusses.
* Good understanding of Data Modelling, especially when to use different data technologies is highly desirable.
* Preference for working in cloud environments, SaaS environments, agile/scrum processes.