Director of Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Wisnton Club, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONWant to shake things up in an industry that has less change than a MUNI bus fare card dispenser Want to earn more frequent flyer miles and hotel rewards points than every member of the One Direction world tour crew, combined, just by kicking butt and writing awesome code If you consider yourself a ninja, wizard, or tech super hero of sorts (you may want to get ready for ComicCon 2017), then this WANTED sign is posted just for you.
What is this glorious opportunity we speak of Become a co-founder on a team that's hungry to help travelers fill rooms at top hotels and enable them to save half on their booking each time. "No bed left behind" is our 2016 campaign slogan, and we're looking for an ambitious and motivated engineer to help us bring this platform to the masses.
Winston Club is seeking a full-time Director of Engineering to take this industry-leading room-sharing platform to new heights. Winston Club is a members-only booking service that delivers the best reservation prices at name brand hotels by enabling members to split rooms. The Director of Engineering will be creating the engineering culture from the ground up and work in concert with the executive team and investors to shape the company's forward-looking vision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop and execute technology roadmap on mobile optimized web application, iOS/Android applications and other administrative databases
* Revise existing member experience by optimizing user interface (UI) design and ensuring thoughtful touchpoints between members and the application
* Communicate the company's technology strategy to investors, management, staff, customers, and stakeholders
* Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company's data and servers
* Set clear technology delivery expectations through project management tools and consistent calendar management
* Quickly address product bugs, consistently conduct code reviews, and ensure improvement along all quality enhancement metrics
* Assist in conducting user feedback sessions and integrate analytics reporting to inform product development
* Leverage knowledge of industry trends to identify and anticipate shifts in tools needed for product development
About Winston Club:
Winston Club is a members-only booking service that delivers the best reservation prices at name brand hotels by enabling members to split rooms. With this new approach to room sharing, Winston members receive the best in service, amenities, location and pricing. Winston Club has a deep commitment to our members. This includes a dedication to keeping member information secure and creating a member-centric experience. At Winston Club, we come to work each day ready to try hard and think big. We value a collaborative, team based environment where each person is regularly accessible, communicates thoroughly and is willing help others outside of their domain. An ideal candidate has a demonstrated interest in travel, is a self-starter and enjoys collaborating on large and exciting projects.
Founders Bryon Shannon and Mark Tarbutton have formative experience in product management (Amazon.com) and hospitality marketing/PR (Starwood Hotels). Advisors and investors come with extensive sharing-economy experience through roles at Lyft and Airbnb. Everyone from the LA Times, to FOX News and the Today Show has been buzzing about Winston Club and thousands of travelers from across the world have visited Winston Club, ready for the service to launch in their favorite travel destinations soon.