Director of Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
Director of Engineering
Outcomes Team | Santa Clara, CA, United States
Your goal is to imagine, build and launch products that impact how educational institutions select students and how students make higher educational selections.
Organization: Outcomes Team
Chegg is already a leader in physical and digital textbook rentals, learning services, and online educational assistance. Now Chegg wants to change the landscape of how students approach and select colleges, succeed at college, and start their careers. We plan to do this through radical transparency using data science, by building products that deeply engage students to help them discover options available to them, and creating products for them and other stakeholders to make the right decisions that will pay off now and in the long term.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* Highly competent in four key areas: Team Development, Technology Strategy, Execution, and Engineering Culture
* Team Development Proven ability to build great teams and develop others.
* Engineering Strategy Defining and driving the engineering strategy we desire to have a scalable architecture as we exploring bring forward lots of data in discoverable ways to our students and institutions. We need to build a rapid way of testing ideas
* Execution Deliver on-time with high bar of quality our engineering solutions
* Engineering Culture Foster an environment of ownership, innovation and technical excellence in our deliverables
* Must be able to work and influence a cross functional team of executives
* Provide thought leadership on engineering vision and strategy and create alignment in across platforms and products within the Outcomes space
* Put the student first and lead creative and holistic thinking across the engineering organization to improve our technology and the way we deliver it
* This is a very entrepreneurial role within an established educational tech company
* 10 or more years of software engineering experience for web or mobile
* 5 or more years of software engineering experience for the web or mobile in a leadership position
* Have experience creating consumer focused products and features
* An awesome communicator and story teller that can rally support for an engineering vision and strategy
* Must have recent hands on experience at both an architectural and code review level
* Experience in both B2B and B2C software
* Experience managing a distributed engineering team
* Has lead teams though re-platforming as well as green field explorations
* Led or has deep understanding of modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
* An infectious passion for engineering excellence
* NICE TO HAVE: Experience with education related products
Chegg puts students first. As the leading student-first connected learning platform, the company makes higher education more affordable, more accessible, and more successful for students. Chegg is a publicly-held company based in Santa Clara, California and trades on the NYSE under the symbol CHGG. For more information, visit www.chegg.com.
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer
REQUISITION NUMBER: 1931