Director of Engineering
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/18/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
To ensure proper training and supervision of all Engineering personnel and to provide consistent, cost-effective maintenance programs that ensure the Hotels safe and efficient operation.
* Coordinate and operate, in an economical, legal and safe manner, all Heating, Lighting, Power and Repair & Maintenance for the hotel.
* Inspect physical plant and equipment, and shall supervise maintenance and preventative maintenance program of that area.
* Coordinate with other departments all work necessary to maintain general conditions, safety and health standards set forth by hotel policy and legal requirements.
* Interview, hire, counsel, train, and discipline engineering associates, in coordination with the Director of Human Resources.
* Directly supervises Engineering associates in operation and control of utilities to provide efficient operation of hotel services and comfort to guests.
* Recommend to management possible projects for future capital budgets. Obtain bids, supervise and coordinate contractors in performance of project work.
* Maintain own and hotel's special permits and licenses as required by local authorities.
* Control schedules, staffing and payroll of Engineering associates. Compile personnel records, logs utilities and keep Engineering records.
* Must have extensive facilities maintenance, HVAC and mechanical experience.
* Prior resort engineering experience and proven leadership experience required.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must be willing to work weekends and at any other times as required.
* Ability to work in the interior and exterior of the hotel/resort.
* Experience managing a crew of 5 or more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: