Director of Engineering 8/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
We are a rapidly expanding food and beverage company seeking a Director of Engineering that will direct, supervise and be accountable for capital programs, projects, strategic initiatives, vendor relationships, etc. while directing the engineering & maintenance staff to provide the highest executional effectiveness to support the company's business.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identifying/solving issues and managing scope, budget and quality in a proactive, timely manner.
* Engineering support activities to facilitate completion of specific projects.
* Schedule, budget, coordinate project objectives within budgetary limits and reporting status.
* Process engineering and equipment layout, integration, and specification services for projects that include a comparative analysis and executive summary for senior management.
* Vendor equipment investigation, selection, price negotiation, coordination, and procurement efforts related to projects.
* Participate in monthly and/or weekly project reviews for technical and design concerns with Senior Management.
* Preparation and review of scope documents, job specifications, proficiency evaluation, price negotiations and contract terms.
* Analyze and plan for installation of equipment and related construction activities.
* Management of on-site contractors.
* Inspects work progress, equipment and construction sites.
* Project start-up and commissioning equipment.
* Management of Process & Package Specifications & Sourcing.
* Work intricately with facility management and staff to aide in continuous improvement efforts.
* Bi-annual evaluation of subordinate staff to ensure continued growth
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Working knowledge of Auto-CAD.
* Working knowledge of PLC, RS Logix and Wonderware.
* Data Acquisition and related Manufacturing tools to drive OEE improvements.
* Working knowledge of maintenance management, CMMS's, root cause & problem solving.
* Proven project management skills.
* Familiarity with high speed food manufacturing processes related to Chocolate, fruit flavors, drink bases, or confectionary is desirable.
* Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and an aptitude for detail and strong organizational abilities a must.
* Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with customers (internal and external) and vendors.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related course study.
* Minimum 7years experience (10 + years preferred) in an Engineering management role in a Food Manufacturing or related environment