Director of Facilities 9/10/2016
Bob Evans Farms
New Albany, OH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Interested in leading a team, managing a facilities budget, and optimize asset support for 500 plus restaurants* Then we have the career for you. We are looking for a Director of Facilities with a minimum of 15 years experience in a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures. Continue reading for more information on this career opportunity with Bob Evans. We look forward to reviewing your resume!!
* Directs and manages all facility operations including strategic facilities planning and implementation, administering facility maintenance program, policy and procedure development, implementation and enforcement.
* Reinvent the process for facilities spending and support.
* Provides guidance and direction to staff, contractors and vendors in conjunction with daily operations as well as during the development and implementation of capital projects.
* Identifies contractors and vendors, assists with negotiation of contracts and selection of key contract/vendor staff. Oversees the contractor/vendors compliance with the contract.
* New restaurant design and construction.
* Administers safety program and maintaining security access system.
* Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and agencies, such as OSHA, ADA, state and local building, fire and safety agencies. Ensures internal standards are developed and met and procedures are followed.
* Controls expenditures within limitations of project and departmental budget.
* Carries supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Strong leadership skills
* High quality and effective communication skills
* Excellent customer service skills and experience
* Financial and budgetary management of multiple projects or departments
* Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of supervision, organization and administration
* Excellent technical writing abilities.
* Knowledge of space planning, construction engineering, construction management, project management, maintenance management, HVAC, refrigeration, security systems, life safety, plumbing, electrical and economic analysis.
* Must have a thorough knowledge of OSHA Standards, ADA standards, Building Codes and Mechanical Trades.
* LEAN certified
* Requires a bachelor's degree preferably in Architecture, Facilities Planning, Engineering, with a minimum of 15 years of experience in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Traveling is required with an estimate travel time of 50%.