Director of Faculty Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Virginia Beach, VA
* Provides leadership designing, implementing, and assessing a comprehensive program for faculty development.
* Promotes a culture of lifelong learning and continuous professional development.
* Organizes faculty development events and opportunities which may include workshops, seminars, and conferences.
* Develops and manages the academic aspects of onboarding new faculty.
* Works with faculty to enhance instructional effectiveness through appropriate pedagogy, curriculum design, and student learning assessment. Offers meaningful and innovative faculty and staff development opportunities, using online and multi-media modalities, from in-house and external content providers.
* Trains faculty on matters related to course changes, updates and development.
* Coordinates training and logistical needs related to curriculum and faculty development in the program areas from an academic perspective.
* Collects, tracks, analyzes, and reports metrics to assess effectiveness of faculty and staff development opportunities. Assures that faculty and staff development records in UltiPro are accurate and current.
* Manages all QEP-related project activities to fruition on schedule and within budget.
* Contributes to the preparation of reports necessary for continued accreditation, including the SACSCOC QEP Impact Report.
* Serves as chair of the QEP Implementation Team.
* Participates in the IE process.
* An earned doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution is preferred. Master's degree required.
* Management experience with complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
* At least five years of combined experience in a teaching or administrative role in a college or university.
* Experience with SACSCOC or other regional accrediting body preferred.
* Curriculum, program development and/or instructional design background preferred.
* Ability to motivate direct and indirect reports to achieve program goals.
* Leadership skills including the ability to manage projects at a distance in an academic organization.
* Demonstrated experience with academic planning and program development.
* Demonstrated experience with learning management systems (Moodle preferred).
* Strong organizational, project management and analytical skills with a detail orientation.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Motivated, self-starter and ability to work independently.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.