Director of Field Marketing 8/25/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Director of North America Field Marketing
Location: San Diego, CA
Industry: Medical Equipment / Devices
Job Category: Sales / Marketing - Marketing Management
Base Salary - $150,000 to $170,000
Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
7+ to 10 years experience
Management Experience Required - Yes
Minimum Education - Master's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Hours Per Week: 40
Visa Candidate Considered: No
You are a seasoned marketer with extensive medical device experience looking for a new challenge to define and execute marketing strategy for North America for a portfolio of market leading technologies.
You are tasked with protecting existing market share and driving share gain in North America for devices in both the cardiology and peripheral vascular space.
Partnering with both our Business Unit Marketing team and the Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems North America Field Marketing team, you help craft innovative customer campaigns and programs tailored to North America to help our sales team effectively sell our products in North America in an increasingly competitive space.
* To support the sales process by developing sales tools tailored to North America, to give our cardiology and peripheral sales teams effective means to realize sales.
* To provide air support to the field by presenting to key customers in North America.
* To increase the expertise and motivation of the sales team by providing timely and relevant market-specific information about our new and existing products as well as the competitive landscape.
* To initially act as the bridge between IGT Devices for North America, in order to have a consistent and well managed information flow to and from the Business Unit Segments and product management team.
* To help define our commercial presence in North America at large and regional tradeshows as well as sponsored symposia
* To devise a collective strategy for key society engagement including tradeshow and educational sponsorship in North America
* To manage the North America tradeshow team to ensure effective execution and alignment with IGT-Systems
* To keep in contact with key customers in order to maintain good insight into requirements of the region
* To inform product management on a regular basis about the requirements and developments in North America and formulate the marketing plans tailored to the North American market that support achievement of sales targets for the region.
* To develop, train on, and roll out new sales tools to the sales team.
Key Deliverables to Achieve:
* Collects and analyzes market-level intelligence for North America and shares with Business Unit and Sales Leadership to inform marketing strategy for the region
* Contributes to a business of approximately $240M
* Ensures synergies and strategic alignment with the North America IGT Systems Field Marketing team
* Ensure alignment with global marketing strategy from the IGT-Devices Business Unit
We Are Looking For:
* Qualifications - MBA with a marketing concentration; direct experience selling medical devices to clinicians in North America
* 7-10 years of marketing management experience in roles of increasing responsibility in a field-based sales company
* Medical device experience mandatory
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategic plans that lead to improved market share and profitability
* Experience creating a market model in the medical device space
* Capable of gathering and analyzing market-level intelligence and synthesizing market trends
* Must be capable of demonstrating leadership in a highly-matrixed organization
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Travel - 30% domestic travel