Director of Finance 8/31/2016
Great Wolf Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY * Willingness to accept the most effective role.
* Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
* Provides financial condition status by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
* Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
* Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
* Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; i.e., weekly labor and expense reports by department.
* Oversees cash handling with Assistance Director of Finance, guides cash handling decisions of the property, including cash counts, discrepancies, bank and safe balances, and coaching employees on the importance of correct cash handling.
* Responsible for providing support in human resource functions, including providing input on the following: health insurance, pension plans, payroll, uniforms, and employee counseling and disputes. Works in conjunction with Human Resources to implement and improve Worker's Compensation programs that will financially aid the company.
* Work with IT Manager in implementing MIS hardware or software and oversee telephone operations as needed.
* Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
* Maintains financial staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
* Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislations; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
* Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques. Maintain service contracts, warranties, licenses, and other related files.
* Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
* Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
* Expertise in evaluating financial status and measuring impact of financial decisions.
* Expertise in developing and implementing audit plans, evaluating the effectiveness of internal control systems, as well as designing and implementing new control systems and best practices.
* Expertise in setting and accomplishing financial goals, maintaining budgets and cost effectiveness, interpreting financial reports, and recommending appropriate corrective actions.
* Expertise in using Excel, Word, Solomon or other applicable accounting and financial software to record or analyzing financial information.
* Proficient in use of accounting systems, implementation of corporate financial practices, and analysis of financial and operating information for management to facilitate decision-making.
* Finance Degree and two to three years experience with a major theme park or brand hotel, or five plus years experience in a detailed accounting environment.
* Lift up to 10 lbs., sit and/or stand long periods.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled