Director of Finance - Non Profit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDIRECTOR OF FINANCE & BUSINESS MANAGEMENT - CHICAGO SUBURBAN NON-PROFIT
Our mission-driven Chicago area not-for-profit client has retained us to help them identify a Director of Finance to join their leadership team. This is a critical position to the organization!
The Director of Finance is responsible for the oversight of all aspects of the Finance Department, including organizing and maintaining financial and cost accounting records and reporting on grants. This position requires hands-on preparation of grant invoices, vendor bills and bank reconciliations and requires knowledge of fund accounting and grant reporting. The Director of Finance prepares financial statements and reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, established legal and regulatory guidelines, and quality standards. The position coordinates the analysis of the general ledger accounts and maintains effective accounting processes and a strong system of internal controls. The position also analyzes financial data for budget and grant funding purposes.
Qualifications experience with QuickBooks or other fund accounting software a plus.
* Strong working knowledge of Accounting and Finance as well as the information systems necessary to support these functions.
* Ability to prepare and analyze complex reports, financial statements, and state/federal regulatory codes to effectively recommend the proper course of financial operations.
* Ability to supervise program administration for a variety of programs including Federal, State, and local grant administration.
* Ability to provide leadership that fosters a team approach in meeting the organization's mission
* Demonstrated ability to lead projects, develop project timelines, set priorities and meet deadlines.