Director of Finance 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DIRECTOR OF FINANCE ensures that all documentation complies with policies, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines and has been recorded properly; Acts as the liaison and coordinates the work of external auditors.
* Responsible for all federal, state, and other grant funding periodic reporting; accurately prepares files all compliance documents and reports as required by funding agencies or grantor guidelines in a timely manner.
* Prepares monthly journal entries and audit work papers; reviews and analyzes financial statements on a monthly, quarterly, and year-end basis.
* Monitors income and expenditures for all programs. A strong understanding of grant and fund accounting is required. Compiles and analyzes financial information; develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations.
* Maintains cash flow forecast to identify upcoming Funding Draw needs; prepares forecast and communicates status to Executive Director on a weekly basis.
* Reconciliation of internal accounts.
* Serves as back-up for all payroll data entry and processing. Organizes and compiles work papers, reports, and data for support of meetings, coordination of the annual audit, and other monthly and annual reports
* Reports regularly to Program Managers to enable ongoing tracking of income and expenditures to ensure compliance with grant guidelines
* Responsible for overall business management and smooth running operations.
* Works in collaboration with the management team on the development and reporting of key indicator, financial, or statistical information for existing and future programs and services, as well as current performance.
* Partners with and acts as a resource for staff in developing budgets for grant applications.
* Provides a strong level of customer service to the Managers, Board of Directors, clients, and other stakeholders; presents mission, vision, and values in all aspects of job responsibilities.
* Leads, coordinates and facilitates the budgeting and financial control process in partnership with fiscal consultant and the Executive Director; helps establish operational budgets for each program area based on projected operating costs and income from funding sources.
* Works closely with independent auditors regarding the annual audit, including coordination and preparation of audit work papers
* Perform all other related duties as assigned and reasonably within the scope of duties outlined above.
QUALIFICATIONS non-profit accounting experience desired. CPA or CMA preferred.
* Experience working with government programs and the various reporting requirements associated with those contractual relationships;
* Experience working with Head Start program and funding
* Previous director level management and supervisory experience required
* Advanced knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office; experience with QuickBooks or other fund accounting software a plus.
* A strong working knowledge of Accounting and Finance as well as the information systems necessary to support these functions.
* Ability to prepare and analyze complex reports, financial statements, and state/federal regulatory codes to effectively recommend the proper course of financial operations.
* Willingness to stay current with developments in the areas of financial management and accounting.
* Ability to supervise program administration for a variety of programs including Federal, State, and local grant administration.
* Ability to provide leadership that fosters a team approach in meeting the organization's mission
* Demonstrated ability to lead projects, develop project timelines, set priorities and meet deadlines.