Director of Fleet Maintenence
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Director of Fleet Maintenance
Georgetown, South Carolina
Founded in 1976, my client is diversified throughout many areas of fly ash utilization in the construction industry. The success is due to the quality of their people and dedication to making the premiere technical service and marketing company in their industry. The staff is committed to excellence and to providing unparalleled service to its customers and the utilities it represents.
Their Transportation, a $34mm division of the Group, has about 200 trucks, located in three terminals, each with a maintenance shop. Transportation is driving toward growing its base and with an expanded footprint in the Southeast by increasing customer density. The company is customer focused and safety driven.
The Director of Fleet Maintenance will be responsible for leading an Engaged Maintenance Team to provide safe and professional equipment to help meet/exceed revenue and operating income expectations and position Transportation maintenance for long-term viability. They will also be responsible for monitoring fiscal activity and developing and managing overall budgets. In addition, they will forecast expenditures, ensure system compliance to TMT, and ensure internal and external service excellence. The Director of Fleet Maintenance will ensure that extremely diverse/complex work is completed with minimal direction, diverse interactions, and knowledge resource.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Interprets and applies complex rules and regulations.
* Work affects entire company, general corporate-level direction, directs company-wide initiatives, highly influential at all levels.
* Problem resolution requires considerable analysis of multiple or conflicting issues.
* Applies broad understanding of program, organization, system and/or client needs to resolve highly complex problems.
* Identifies new services and opportunities for process improvement.
* Independently evaluates and meets complex organizational, program, or system needs in assigned areas.
* Serves as a strategic advisor.
* Develops long-range operations
* Plans and directs activities/functions for multiple operations, programs or projects.
* Projects typically impact critical programs, operations, systems, major work groups, or multiple functional areas.
* Develops budget and manages activities of two or more functions, sections, departments, and/or projects through subordinate managers. Responsible for mid-range planning for multiple functions and/or projects with a focus on tactical operations over 1-3 years.
THE CANDIDATE SHOULD DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
* UNDISPUTED INTEGRITY - Makes decisions in the best interest of the company he/she serves.
* WORK ETHIC - Willing to invest an enormous amount of their time and energy into building this company and being an integral part of the future success of the company.
* SOUND JUDGMENT - A levelheaded and mature leader, respected for providing sound business judgment to difficult situations.
* INTERPERSONAL SKILLS - Will forge relationships easily with internal and external constituents. He/she will exude charisma and be likable.
* COMMUNICATION SKILLS - Excellent writing skills, also comfortable in making informal and formal presentations to large and small audiences.
* ENERGY / DRIVE / ENTHUSIASM - Projects this in his/her daily interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Bachelor's Degreepreferred.
* 10+ Years of fleet management experience.
* Diesel Maintenance/Repair Certification preferred.
* Strong leadership, communication, maintenance, and financial background required.
Job Type: Full-time
* Director of Fleet Maintenence: 5 years