Director of Food and Nutrition Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01323-9908
Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 318-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. Completed in April 1997 with over $125 million in expansions, Osceola Regional Medical Center is designed to be patient friendly that blends comprehensive state-of-the-art medical technology with the highest level of comfort and convenience possible for patients and visitors. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include: Emergency Care, Trauma Care, Pediatric ER, Heart & Vascular Institute, Advanced Primary Stroke Center, The Baby Suites maternity care, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II, Women s Services, Behavioral Health, Orthopedics & Spine and a Graduate Medical Education Program. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at Hunter s Creek ER.
Director of Food and Nutrition Services
1. Demonstrates twenty four hour responsibility and accountability for operations to ensure safe, quality, efficient food handling and preparation of menus.
2. Ensures department works collaboratively with dietitians and professional staff to ensure that menu and department policies conform to nutritional standards.
3. Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate resources, staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ and performance of equipment, instrumentation calibration, physical space, and training and education of staff.
4. Applies the principles of continuous quality improvement in delivery of services, through measuring, assessment and monitoring of FANS processes and systems.
5. Ensures compliance with JCAHO, and all legal, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements.
6. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system and reports trends in occurrences to staff quarterly. This information is used to improve patient safety. Addresses patient safety in the Performance Improvement Plan.
7. Ensures staff is educated on established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient's care which results in patient harm.
8. Develops and fosters effective collaboration between departments, and other services to ensure an integrated approach in providing services to meet the needs of the patients served.
9. Supports and recognizes physicians as an important customer.
10. Actively supports facility community efforts, and represents the hospital in the community through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus etc.
11. Models, fosters, and encourages a Service Excellence culture. Assumes responsibility and accountability for departmental implementation, execution, and practice of service excellence.
12. Demonstrates respect to the patient, family and/or significant others.
13. Utilizes company systems and vendors to ensure appropriate monitoring and control of inventory and supplies.
14. Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in managing productivity standards. Continuously evaluates and assesses staff assignment, and work process/design to enhance productivity and service delivery to meet stakeholder expectations and business goals.
15. Actively monitors budget for area and evaluates expenditure on a regular basis. Initiates recommendations to ensure department is operating within budget.
16. Optimizes use of supplies, equipment and services, ensuring a high level of service. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care, or the services delivered.
17. Provides leadership of the FANS function, services and programs. Ensures selection, retention and assignment of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services. Demonstrates accountability for maintaining and monitoring utilization of resources, physical space, equipment, department protocols, equipment, standards, policies, and practices.
18. Manages staff performance through regular review, real time feedback, and performance planning. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on time. Actively coaches and mentors staff.
19. Provides leadership in managing, facilitating and communicating organizational change. Encourages risk taking; fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
20. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for orienting new staff to specific job duties with particular focus on safety and infection control.
21. Demonstrates personal responsibility for professional development. Actively promotes development of self and others through participation in professional organizations, educational opportunities, etc.
22. Attends in-service presentations, and completes mandatory education week, including but not limited to , infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood-borne pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
23. Demonstrates and promotes a positive customer service attitude, which encourages quality patient care and enhances the image/reputation of the facility.
24. Demonstrates and promotes a culture of recognizing diversity and valuing individual strengths.
25. Personal/professional conduct reinforces Company's values and promotes Code of Conduct. Demonstrates ethical and compliance principles in her/his daily activities.
26. The leader meets his/her leadership obligations under the Ethics and Compliance program.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Bachelor's Degree in food service management, dietetics, nutrition, or other related field, preferred.
* Certified Dietary Manager Certified Food Protection Professionals (CDM, CFPP) preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* At least five years experience in related field; three of which were in a management role.
* Organizational, Verbal, Interpersonal, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar/Spelling, Read/Comprehend written instructions, Follow verbal instructions. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) principles and Medical Nutrition Therapy.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Last Edited: 08/19/2016