Director of Home Care 8/26/2016
Seton Home Care
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HOME HEALTH DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Seton Home Health & Hospice is seeking a dynamic, experienced home health professional to lead our team as Director of Operations for our Austin and Burnet locations. Qualified candidates should have extensive home health experience, strong team building skills, and proven ability to grow census. Registered Nurse or Physical Therapist license preferred.
This position provides leadership and direction for Home Health/Hospice services for assigned agencies/sites. Assures a full range of high quality services that meet patient and referral source needs in specific communities. Executes strategic plans and growth strategies leading to increased market share. Provides supervision to direct reports to assure strategic tactics are carried out.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides leadership and direction to ensure that the agency effectively serves its patients, their families and the community as evidenced by the achievement of outcomes.
* Through supervisors, ensures that all clinical services and programs offered by agency, based on predetermined protocols and standards, are implemented and monitored.
* Provides the vision and leadership for developing an operational framework that assures the accomplishment of system strategic priorities and achieves the quality, customer service and financial outcomes for the home care program.
* Assures the development of a comprehensive quality improvement program that meets the standards of accrediting bodies and is in compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation and State licensure requirements and facilitates the achievement of outcomes.
* Collaborates with support staff to assure quality improvement activities result in positive outcomes for patients and attain desired quality benchmarks for the agencies.
* Establishes and maintains a culture of responsibility and accountability for results at the level of the organization closest to the patient and clients. Assures accountability for clinical, quality and customer service outcomes rests at the individual associate level.
* Guides and oversees the implementation of clinical service delivery policies and Human Resource standards, procedures and policies related to the delivery of home care.
* Provides leadership, advice and counsel to Supervisors to ensure that home care services meet all accrediting and regulatory guidelines and regulations, minimizes liability, reduces risk and maintains a positive licensure accreditation and waiver status.
* Assures the established systems for financial operations are managed effectively and efficiently - billing, information systems, payroll, etc.
* Develops agency budgets in collaboration with the Finance market lead.
* Monitors volumes/revenue and expenses to ensure compliance with approved budgetary constraints. Analyzes gross profit factors, market conditions, business volume/mix, competition and operational costs/requirements.
* Collaborates with the Finance market lead to negotiate contracts as required for the provision of services.
* Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
* Requires Baccalaureate Degree in nursing or health related field.
* Registered Nurse (RN) or Physical Therapist (PT) preferred
* Master's degree preferred.
* Requires three (3) to five (5) years of progressive responsibility in a leadership role in home health/hospice or home care, with emphasis on knowledge of regulations and operations.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Home care experience/knowledge of relevant regulations and services.
* Demonstrated leadership experience.
* Requires well developed communication and interpersonal skills conducive to professional presentations to varied constituencies.
* Requires a high level of analytical and problem-solving ability to address moderate to complex organizational issues.
* Computer literacy required with demonstrated knowledge of PC based software office products.
* Requires the ability to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change.
Seton Home Health & Hospice is a proud member of Ascension Health at Home, a leading provider in the delivery of compassionate patient-centered healthcare services including home health, infusion therapy and hospice.
Formed in 2014, Ascension Health at Home is a national partnership between Ascension Health and Evolution Health. The partnership includes all Ascension-affiliated home health, hospice, home infusion therapy and private duty/supportive care services.
Visit us at www.ahah.net to learn more about our organization and view all career opportunities.