Director of Hosting and Network Service Delivery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 2/11/2017
Dairy Farmers of America
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead the service delivery for DFA's network, SAP Basis and Application hosting.
DFA is looking to hire a Director in the technology organization who can lead DFA's service organization and lead the improvement of DFA's service delivery processes and introduce repeatable processes and solutions, while ensuring DFA's infrastructure services are aligned to DFA's business needs.
The director of Hosting and Network Service Delivery will lead the transformation of DFA's technology footprint by leveraging technologies that deliver cost reductions and improvements to hosting performance and availability, this includes the use cloud delivery models.
Specific projects to be delivered within the first 12 months are:
- Redesign the hosting solutions for retired and low usage systems to achieve the lowest possible cost while still meeting business needs.
- Implementation of comprehensive and pro-active service delivery and maintenance practices for FDA's SAP ecosystem
- Lead the implementation of a DR solution for DFA's SAP Ecosystem Leveraging Azure.
- Migration of highly intermittent workloads to Azure.
- Redefine SAP hosting solution and staffing model for SAP hosting services
- Assess current hosting agreements and make recommendations for changes
- Complete the migration of DFA's network to a new service provider, ensure value realization of the new contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Lead the delivery of hosting, network and SAP basis services for DFA.
* Ensure all services meet the agreed service levels
* Work closely with IT leadership to understand the hosting requirements for DFA's application portfolio.
* Review technologies focusing on application hosting for both plant based applications as well as centrally hosted enterprise solutions.
* Review, select, and align implement hosting technologies to business requirements and innovations in hosting technologies and services.
* Define the hosting and networking roadmap and support strategy to ensure the i technology supports the business applications and their needs in terms of cost, availability and performance.
* Educate staff on leveraging the architecture standards.
* Assist through budget development processes and business case development
* Manage develop, update, and implement all computing, networking and security policies.
* Set and manage stakeholders' expectations through communication. Educate business and technology staff on possible technology utilization.
* Research and assess emerging technologies and evaluate key vendors.
* Document procedure and policy standards for end user support.
* Develop inventory of services and support.
* Establish and vet key vendor relationships.
* Interview, select, train and evaluate employees this includes administration of performance reviews and rate increases.
* Exhibit the values and ethics of Dairy Farmers of America through honesty, discretion, and sound judgment.
* The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee; but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.