- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Director of Human Resources
Lutheran Senior Services (LSS) has an exciting opportunity for the position of Director of Human Resources. This highly motivated and energetic individual will be an integral member of the leadership team at our newly acquired Mason Pointe location in Town and Country, MO. nnIn this HR Director role, you will provide HR leadership in support of community goals and objectives. You will be responsible for the implementation and administration of Human Resources functions to include management & employee development, employee/labor relations, benefits, compensation, recruiting, performance management and support of Manager and Employee self service in Workday HRIS, for a community of approximately 400 employees, with the goal of upholding the LSS mission of Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest .nA successful candidate will be an innovative business partner who relates well with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization, striking a balance between being a business leader and being an employee advocate. They will utilize analytical skills, effective communication, and teamwork to achieve results, identifying opportunities to implement best practices and improve operational efficiencies through HR programs. The ideal candidate has extensive experience leading and embracing change and experience in a union environment would be preferred. This position will act as liaison between Home Office HR and the community, and will report directly to the Regional Director of Human Resources.
Directs the implementation and administration of human resources functions and carries out policies and procedures relating to all phases of human resource activities at an LSS community or program. Acts as an HR liaison between home office HR and the community/program, and directly reports to the Executive Director of the community. Serves as a community/program s strategic partner on employment-related matters, such as turnover and retention, recruitment and hiring, employee relations, HR legal and compliance matters, workers compensation, on-boarding etc.
Demonstrates the philosophy of the sponsoring Lutheran congregations, through upholding the LSS mission of Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest , core values and code of conduct.
* Develops staffing strategies and implements programs and plans to recruit and retain top quality employees. Recruits and refers qualified applicants to hiring managers and trains hiring managers on effective and legal hiring practices. Consults with hiring managers to determine appropriate hiring rates of pay.
* Coordinates and/or conducts the community/program s new employee orientation program.
* Serves as an employee advocate and a consultant to the community/program leadership team. Provides managers support and guidance on employee relations issues and employee disciplinary matters, ensuring that practices are appropriate and non-discriminatory or non-retaliatory.
* Assists in the coordination of employee satisfaction surveys and employee recognition programs. Assists managers in developing programs to enhance the morale, productivity and other work life issues.
* Conducts exit interviews and provides feedback to management with suggestions for appropriate improvements.
* Sets up and maintains employee files, overseeing the accuracy of their employee records. Works closely with managers and HR Shared Services to ensure accurate and compliant record keeping.
* Acts as liaison with home office staff for employee benefits, and coordinates employee benefit enrollments and changes, answering benefit questions as needed.
* Handles Unemployment Compensation claims by investigating circumstances, preparing documentation and responding accordingly.
* Administers compensation program and acts as liaison with home office staff on compensation issues with home office staff. Oversees administration of performance appraisals at their community/program.
* Acts as liaison to home office staff on Worker s Compensation issues at the community/program.
* Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
* Prepares and works within HR budget for community/program.
* Assists in the development and coordination of continuing education for the community based upon needs.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
* Bachelor s degree with an emphasis in Human Resources or related field
* 2-5 years of HR generalist or HR Manager experience required, with knowledge of recruitment, benefits, compensation, employee relations and training
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and ability to conduct stand-up training.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster productive relationships key to strategic success
* High degree of professionalism and objectivity
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; Strong project management, time management, and leadership skills
* Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills
* Able to work independently on a broad variety of projects
* Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
* Lutheran Senior Services (LSS) requires drivers of licensed company vehicles and those using their own vehicles for business purposes have the appropriate driver s license, insurance coverage, and meet the auto liability carrier s driver s criteria
Lutheran Senior Services (LSS) requires drivers of licensed company vehicles and those using their own vehicles for business purposes have the appropriate driver s license, insurance coverage, and meet the auto liability carrier s driver s criteria.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical activities, demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
Lifting up to 30 pounds. Pushing/pulling 100 lbs. on wheels.
A well lighted and ventilated working area that has its own temperature control system (air conditioning and heat).
The work will have some short notice requests, timelines for completion of tasks or reports and some major projects extending over months.
This role requires driving to offsite meetings. May experience some overnight travel.
Minimal exposure to infectious diseases and blood borne pathogens. Minimal exposure to chemicals and hazardous waste. Minimal exposure to outside weather conditions.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by LSS in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:
Day Shift (United States of America)","value":"
Lutheran Senior Services (LSS) has an exciting opportunity for the position of Director of Human Resources. This highly motivated