Director of Human Resources
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKEY RESPONSIBILITIES
_DETERMINE SHORT AND LONG-TERM HUMAN RESOURCES GOALS IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SENIOR ASSOCIATE DEAN, CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER AND OTHER MEMBERS OF THE SCHOOL LEADERSHIP _
* Develop, communicate, implement, and document Harris human resource processes to align with the broader HR Community and HR Centers of Expertise
* Ensure compliance with UChicago human resources policies and broader national and state employment laws and regulations
* Develop and implement, if required, Harris-specific policies
* Work with HR-Compensation to review and evaluate salaries for individual positions within Harris and make recommendations to ensure salaries are internally consistent and externally competitive
* Oversee payroll processing including extra service payments
_PROVIDE FULL CYCLE RECRUITMENT SUPPORT FOR POSITIONS OF VARYING LEVELS THROUGHOUT HARRIS INCLUDING SOURCING, PHONE SCREENING, INTERVIEWING, REFERENCE CHECKS, ETC. _
* Develop position descriptions working with HR-Organization Effectiveness when necessary
* Work with HR-Compensation and HR-Recruitment to classify positions, create and post requisitions, determine and implement sourcing strategies, initiate and follow up on background checks, fill requisitions, and properly dispense candidates
* Develop, document and execute extra outreach efforts in situations where the position is underutilized
* Draft offer letters
* Manage the onboarding process, including completing and submitting new hire paperwork as well as orienting new staff employees
_OVERSEE HARRIS\' PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT PROCESS (GOAL SETTING; ASSESSING AND REWARDING; PERFORMANCE REPORTS) INCLUDING THE REVIEW AND IMPROVEMENT OF PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT TOOLS _
* Lead efforts to assess competencies of staff and address gaps with either School training or through the recommendation of internal or external classes and provides advise, counsel, and recommendations on leadership development for Harris leadership and faculty
_REPRESENT THE SCHOOL IN EMPLOYEE RELATIONS CASES, PERFORMING INVESTIGATIONS AND LEVERAGING HR-EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS AND LEGAL AS NEEDED _
_SERVE AS THE KEY INTERFACE FOR FACULTY ON BENEFITS AND PAYROLL ISSUES_.
* Process paperwork and work with HR-Benefits and HR-Operations and Payroll to solve problems
* Support Harris faculty and staff with their benefits and payroll issues and concerns
* Direct staff to tools and website, making sure they know how to solve their issues
_PARTICIPATE AS A KEY MEMBER OF THE BROADER UCHICAGO HR COMMUNITY IN HR ACTIVITIES AND PROJECTS, PROVIDING INPUT, ADVICE AND FEEDBACK _
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
* A minimum of five years of experience in management, human resources, or operations with a successful record of leading organizations of similar size and scope to higher levels of performance required.
* Experience in conducting formal investigations preferred
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Excellent command of and ability to apply HR principles particularly in recruiting/staffing, employee relations, and management practices required
* Demonstrated skill in analyzing information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures to define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns, identify patterns and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recommend alternatives and their implications
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with varying levels of personnel, including colleagues, managers, etc.
* Proven skills and abilities in conflict resolution
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet deadlines consistently
* Excellent decision-making, judgment and discretion skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously and set priorities.
* Ability to work independently under pressure and to complete assignments in a timely and correct manner
* Strong critical and creative thinking skills
* Ability to interpret and apply University policy, procedures and management goals
* Proven expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, proficient PC skills
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information, please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination. Academic job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5671 or email ACOppAdministrator@uchicago.edu with their request. Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-834-1841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.