Director of Human Resources 8/27/2016
Leading manufacturing company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
Rapidly growing, highly profitable small to mid-sized manufacturing company seeks an HR Generalist business partner to lead the development and management of a highly valued Human Resources department. Will be responsible to drive and support the attainment of company business goals and promote a unified company culture. Position reports to the President.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Defines ambitious functional goals, budgets, and plans that are aligned with and support corporate goals. Establishes and implements business strategies with clear priorities, responsibilities and outcomes to ensure desired results.
* Manages daily operations in a cost-effective, efficient and safe manner. Effectively implements business process plans through effective communication, establishing priorities, delegation of assignments, and continuous follow-up to meet and exceed KPIs.
* Establishes and monitors metrics for all human resource functions. Analyzes performance to identify and develop recommendations to improve policies and practices.
* Maintains human resource information systems and records. Prepares and presents management reports. Seeks ways to analyze and use data to drive business results, and improve efficiencies.
* Establishes policies, procedures, protocols, guidelines, and training programs (Operating, Safety, etc.). Coaches and mentors supervisors as appropriate on their implementation. Guides direct reports in driving tactical plans in order to achieve goals and deliver high levels of customer service.
* Facilitates functional compliance with all federal, state, local and industry regulations, mandates or requirements. Collaborates with corporate and outside counsel as needed.
* Supports RFP preparation.
* Proactively addresses and resolves employee issues and conflict resolution in a timely manner. Trains, coaches, and motivates employees, and applies corrective counseling when needed.
* Collaborates with senior and executive level management as needed to drive business results and execute on projects.
* Negotiates third party relationships and ensures vendors meet service and quality benchmarks to support the Human Resources Department.
* Acts with integrity and in an ethical manner, demonstrating company attributes and values. Displays and promotes the standards of behavior that are in line with the values and expectations of the organization.
* Champions projects and innovation to continuously improve business and service level performance, and drive business results. Asserts functional leadership and influence to communicate ideas, proposals, and decisions in a professional manner.
* Leads the human resource function by:
* Provides guidance to employees and managers on human resource policies/protocols and employee relations topics to facilitate the equitable, consistent and lawful treatment of all employees in all employment actions. Investigates and determines resolutions for workplace issues and disciplinary actions.
* Designs and administers compensation systems, including establishing and maintaining salary ranges that are competitive, internally equitable, and legally compliant. Writes and updates job descriptions as necessary. Conducts annual surveys and develops incentive plans.
* Directs talent management programs including status changes, recruiting (temporary and company), selection, on-boarding, performance management, and succession planning.
* Collaborates with the Finance Department in the selection and implementation of benefit programs.
* Serves as the EEO Plan Officer responsible for developing and maintaining an affirmative action program, filing an EEO-1 annually, and maintaining other records, reports, and logs to comply with EEO regulations.
* Remains current with industry trends, economic indicators, and competitors. Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trade association meetings; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in a related field is required; MBA is preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 7 years experience across all HR disciplines (recruiting, compensation, benefits, performance management, employee relations, HRIS, training and development, workforce planning, AAP); 3 years management experience
* Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives into effective human resource strategies.
* Proven ability to persuade others to achieve excellence and to foster an environment of openness and teamwork.
* Knowledge of employment regulations, practices, policies and procedures; preferably in a multi state environment.
* Experience working with a diverse workforce; must have strong proven skills providing leadership, motivation and direction on a variety of human resources issues to multiple operations.
* Must be able to use technology and data; know and execute the HR processes, technologies and tools and use metrics to analyze people issues and trends.
* Must have a strong business acumen balanced with a strategic and operational orientation (i.e. hands on, roll up the sleeves approach with a strong sense of urgency; able to link short and long term visions to daily activities).
* Should be able to work well with employees and management at all levels within the company as well as with outside parties.