Director of Human Resources 9/1/2016
Iron Mountain, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB TITLE : DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
CLIENT :SYSTEMS CONTROL | NORTHERN STAR
LOCATION :IRON MOUNTAIN, MICHIGAN
DURATION : FULL TIME DIRECT HIRE
RELOCATION : YES
INDUSTRY: This person ideally will come from manufacturing.
Are you an experienced Human Resources Professional who has created and executed HR strategies in alignment with business goals Do you thrive in an environment where aggressive growth and talent development is critical to the overall success of an organization
Systems Control is North America's leader in the design and manufacturing of solutions that enable the delivery of energy to the world. Our Iron Mountain, Michigan office is seeking a passionate and knowledgeable professional to develop and lead our workforce planning and talent management.
* Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, or related discipline. SPHR preferred.
* Minimum 15 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
* Must also have minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible HR Management experience in a unionized environment.
* Ability to develop and execute Annual Strategies in alignment with business goals
* Prior track record of successfully building results-focused teams and ability to attract and develop talent
* Outstanding communication and presentation skills
* Demonstrated history of building relationships at all levels within the organization
* Excellent coach and team leader who can champion change
* Excels in the field of mentorship and employee development
* Ability to influence others and to inspire confidence
* Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office
As a Director of Human Resources, you will:
* Identify and implement industry leading practices in the core HR functions of policy, compensation, benefits, staffing, recruitment, employee relations, management training, organizational development, wellness, and compliance
* Act as a strategic business partner to the Executive Leadership Team
* Responsible for creating and executing the company Talent Strategy through workforce planning, employment branding, candidate engagement, talent assessment, and continuous hiring process improvement efforts
* Anticipate, develop, direct, and facilitate organizational development efforts including performance management, succession planning, and training activities to support strategic objectives
* Ensure the HR Team is proactive and effectively collaborating with internal leaders to design organization roles and success profiles to fulfill the business needs
* Responsible for management and administration of Collective Bargaining Agreement. This includes contract interpretation, implementation, contract analysis, negotiations, grievances, arbitration, workforce adjustments, etc. Develop and consistently enforce company policy and conduct investigations to resolve employee conflict
* Drive a culture of high performance through annual Employee goal setting and semi-annual Employee goal review process while ensuring alignment with the Company's annual objectives and long term strategic direction
* Facilitate annual salary planning process and provide continual guidance to managers to ensure internal and market equity
* Oversee the administration of Company policies including instruction and enforcement of existing policies, evaluation of present policies, and development of new policies as they relate to work rules and business demands. Train and advise supervisors/managers in handling corrective and disciplinary action.
* Protect the interests of the company with regard to all local, state, and federal legal employment obligations
WHAT ARE THE 3-4 NON-NEGOTIABLE REQUIREMENTS ON THIS POSITION
5 + years of Labor Relations- must have experience with union contract negotiations. We currently have 300 members in our union group. This person will spend a lot of time with the union. 15 + years of Compensation Management 15+ years of Organization Development 10+ years of Talent Acquisition This person must have experience managing the budget. This person will be evaluated on company turnover, recruiting abilities (time to fill, quality of hire), labor relations actions and results with the union, and compliance tasks. This person must live in the midwest, have ties to the midwest, or have lived there in the past
WHAT ARE THE NICE-TO-HAVE SKILLS
5-10 years Experience in Manufacturing Environment Strategic Planning
WHAT IS EXCITING ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY PLEASE USE THIS SECTION TO DESCRIBE TEAM AND COMPANY CULTURE.
Northern Star has a Non-Solicitation Agreement with their former division, BOSS Snowplow, A TORO Company. Please DO NOT SOURCE from the BOSS Snowplow or TORO organization as it is prohibited. We have had 18.6% growth year after year for the last 17 years. We are a rapidly growing privately owned company- currently have 500 employees, but expect to double in the next 5 years.