Director of Human Resources - Labor Relations 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY If you are an experienced Human Resources Leader seeking recognition & a rewarding career with an outstanding management team that is part of an established, growing and highly profitable leader in the consumer products industry, then you will want to find out more about this position. The key position is responsible for the development and implementation of HR initiatives designed to meet enterprise wide objectives through people and effective processes. The most important impact of this position has on the organization is successful relationships and partnerships developed with all levels of employees and management that leads to effective communication and continued awareness of organizational culture, particularly as it relates to labor relations and bargaining. Understanding the culture and how it works most effectively is important for the present and future direction of the business. The individual in this role will be up to date on both state and federal regulations to minimize the risk and exposure of activities within the organization.
OTHER KEY DELIVERABLES/DUTIES:
* Responsible for development and implementation of HR strategies that positively impact business results.
* Internal Consultant to functional group managers regarding employee relations issues.
* Key participation in collective bargaining negotiations.
* Oversee Grievance Resolution through plant HR Manager and their staff.
* Lead monthly Labor Management meetings.
* Partner with Talent Manager and fill Exempt and Non-Exempt Salaried positions.
* Identify, Research and Execute solutions regarding Compliance Issues.
* Partner with Operations leadership and plant HR staff to deliver effective short and long term workforce plans for hourly workforce for at all facilities.
* Take active role in Safety culture efforts.
* Manage plant Human Resource staff.
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
* BS/BA Degree level education. Prefer concentration in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Communication, or Industrial Psychology.
* 10+ years of progressive Human Resources Management/Leadership experience.
* Labor negotiations/union contract management - Must have experience sitting as a 1st or 2nd chair in labor negotiations
* Strong Business Acumen.
* Knowledge of Federal and State employment laws, Investigation Skills, HR technical knowledge in EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment and Worker's Compensation.
* Performance management/people development experience. Project Management experience.
* Strong experience as a change agent in organizational systems.
* Experience managing mediation/arbitration/grievance processes.
My client is one of the world's largest producers of superior consumer products in one of the most stable and rapidly growing consumer categories. They are a $1 Billion (in annual sales) and growing industry leader operating numerous manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout the United States. They offer an excellent base salary, a generous bonus program and excellent benefit package combined with the financial strength necessary to achieve their strategic vision. Excellent relocation package available. If you are a TOP PERFORMER, you are going to like this compensation plan! Combined with their financial strength, state-of-the-art technology and track record of growth, you can't go wrong! If you possess the required experience and are ready to get your career on a fast track, then we need to talk.