Director of Human Resources
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
VNU Retail Group
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY BACKGROUND
VNU Group LLC (VNU) is a data-driven specialty retailer of premium goods offering alternative credit solutions for online shoppers to purchase a wide selection of brand names such as Apple, Sony, Samsung, LG, Gucci, Prada and Cuisinart through its Emporium brand. Through its Emporium platform, VNU has been fully functional and successfully processing transactions since March 2016. Currently, VNU/Emporium is generating nearly $100M of annualized gross revenue run rate and is expecting to reach a run rate of $300M by year end 2016. By 2018, it is anticipated the business will achieve $1B in revenues and $200M of EBITDA. The site offers more than 100,000 brand name products in electronics, appliances, furniture, home, jewelry, fashion, baby and kids through both a virtual retail marketplace and virtual supply chain. VNU maintains no inventory and orders are drop-shipped directly to consumers through its virtual supply chain of leading national distributors through electronic data interface. VNU employs a multi-channelmarketing strategy which provides multiple consumer touch points including digitalmarketing, aggregators, and pre-screen direct mail to drive increased sales, loyalty, and customer satisfaction. Integrated customer data enables a comprehensive view and increased understanding of the drivers of consumer behavior.
VNU's strategy targets more than 90 million consumers in the U.S. currently underserved by traditional credit providers. Since 2009, consumers with lower credit scores have been forced to resort to non-bank credit products such as payday and pawn loans. Primarily targeting moderate income consumers (40% of the U.S. population) with FICO scores ranging from no credit history to 700, a group unserved by traditional lenders, VNU offers consumers real-time credit decisions through its proprietary underwriting platform and captive finance arm, Pacific Credit Group. The combination of a proprietary underwriting platform, advanced technology, and Big Data allows VNU to offer innovative financing programs through its Lending Tree platform to sub-prime, near prime and prime credit consumers - the latter being served through arrangements with third-party lenders. Thus, VNU provides online shoppers with a streamlined shopping experience, enabling consumers to place an order, apply online and receive a credit decision in real time. In this innovative business model, VNU generates income from both retail and financing activities. And, it is supported by a management team that has decades of applicable experience in consumer finance, online retailing, marketing, sales and distribution and a proven track record in consumer credit origination.
VNU's winning advantage is that its competitors are dispersed over the specialty retail, online retail and the FinTech lending space. VNU is ideally positioned at the intersection of these sectors with experienced management from each sector.
The Director of Human Resources will serve as a partner to the CEO and the senior management team on all talent strategies and issues.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Serve as talent advisor to the CEO and other members of the executive leadership team. This leader must be viewed as a true business partner, evidenced by being approachable to all employees, adding value beyond traditional human resource issues.
* Lead all aspects of Human Resources focusing on developing and implementing best-in-class practices in recruiting, training, performance management, workplace policies, and employee communications at all levels.
* Partnering with the CEO and Leadership Team, build a talent management process to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps across the company and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps.
* Ensure that performance standards remain high across the organization as the company and workforce grows.
* Implement internal communication processes by which employees stay informed, engaged, and connected.
* Oversee compensation and benefit programs to insure competitive programs and regulatory compliance.
* Support and augment a professional leadership team -- eager to win with an unmatched sense of urgency and passion for serving customers. Embrace the enterprise-wide culture focused on an unwavering commitment to innovation and the customer experience.
Qualified candidates will have 10years of experience in generalist HR leadership positions of increasing scope and responsibility, ideally in an early stage technology or ecommerce environment. The successful candidate will be a dynamic, hands-on executive who will lead all aspects of the company's HR functions and will be an integral member of a cross functional executive team helping to lead the company towards its next phase of growth.
Importantly, the Director of HR will possess:
* Deep talent acquisition experience - this person will direct the activities related to recruiting, workforce planning, on-boarding, and strategic sourcing.
* Outstanding communications skills with proven experience in employee relations.
* Working knowledge of California employment laws and regulations.
* Stylistically, the Director of HR must be entrepreneurial, pragmatic, collaborative, and someone willing to roll up his/her sleeves. He/she must build effective relationships through cross-functional credibility and interactive communication, fostering an environment of continuous improvement, teamwork and innovation.
* A tenacious and results-driven demeanor with high emotional intelligence. He/she must be able to influence the business with functional excellence, strong execution, and ability to scale.
* Strong leadership and management skills which include a hands-on style and ability to build alliances and create an environment of collaboration and teamwork.
* Proactive, forward-thinking and agile approach.
* A focus on the customer; fostering a customer-centric environment where the customer perspective is central to the thinking, discussions, and decisions; delivering exceptional customer service and the ability to inspire the same at all levels of the organization.
* Experience operating in a dynamic environment with varying levels of complexity.
* Strong leadership, confidence without ego, and a collaborative yet driven style; able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect across all levels of the organization.
* Confidence and credibility to provide direct and open feedback to other members of the senior management team while analyzing and critiquing past performance.
* Good listening skills, a natural people-orientation, and openness to ideas, suggestions and constructive feedback.
* Adept at dealing with diverse personalities and backgrounds.
* A sense of urgency, persistence, and accountability to take the actions required to achieve results.
An undergraduatedegree is required.