Director of Infrastructure & Support Service
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Prolacta Bioscience, Inc.
City of Industry, CA
Prolacta is the pioneer in human milk-based nutritional products for premature infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). Prolacta believes that there is no adequate replacement for human breast milk and, as such, we believe infant nutritional products should be human milk-based. As a privately held, scientifically driven company, committed to improving premature infant nutrition, we are using human milk to change the standard of care in the NICU. Prolacta operates and/or owns milk banks that provide the starting material for the products Prolacta sells.
The Director of Infrastructure plays a critical role within IT and within the company. Reporting to the CIO, this role is responsible for designing, securing, and supporting a highly virtualized secure information technology infrastructure, as well as SANs, firewalls, VPN, and internet services, to achieve optimal availability and performance for the company and its customers. The Director of Infrastructure is responsible for setting and executing the strategy for infrastructure an Support Services. This includes managing help desk staff, IT System Admin staff, contractors, and all network and telephone service providers to ensure service levels are achieved according to contracted terms. Ensuring management and tracking all computing assets including the procurement process, licensing, maintenance renewal, selection of hardware and software, and additionally monitors patching, server utilization and problem resolution for both the network and telephony infrastructure , and oversight of support services ensuring timely response of the help desk, trouble shooting, problem avoidance, and management and reporting of help desk tickets including consolidation and reporting of future development fixes. This role is highly visible throughout the company and provides technical support to executive staff, mobile employees, and staff in remote locations.
* Designs, builds and maintains a high availability virtualized data network environment, ensuring consistent performance of the Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Wireless networks and Internet connections
* Designs and tests solutions for remote access including VPN, OWA, RDP
* Oversees management of Active Directory, Outlook/Exchange
* Oversight of the enterprise password management process for all systems
* Reviews, evaluates, plans, and implements infrastructure improvements and changes to accommodate business needs
* Monitors storage utilization and allocates storage as needed
* Evaluates new technologies needed to support the business
* Installs and monitors network performance tools
* Ensures firewalls are secure, patched and performing optimally
* Reviews network monitoring, security and management reports from service providers and ensures service levels are achieved and performance issues are addressed effectively
* Oversees the configuration, and installation of routers, switches and related networking equipment
* Ensures archiving policy is implemented and improved and files are deleted and archived on a regular disciplined basis.
* Able to direct and implement the best solutions for typical middle market business IT infrastructure - disaster recovery, cloud based servers, co-located servers, phones, printers, hardware, software, server monitoring and maintenance, help desk
* Ensures backup storage, and back-up and disaster recovery systems are functioning optimally
* Oversees support services including monitoring of tickets to implement problem avoidance and upgrades to reduce help desk requests and improve customer service.
* Expert in security practices, policy settings, and firewall configurations
* Comprehensive knowledge of hardware and software solutions related to Windows OS workstations, Microsoft Exchange, wireless networks, printers, then clients and virtual desktops
* Experienced in building and managing a virtualized data center (VMWare enterprise)
* Proven skills in establishing and maintaining Active Directory groups and policies
* Experienced in SSL VPN configurations, management and maintenance practices
* Experienced in designing and maintaining back up storage and replication solutions
* Experienced in implementing network monitoring tools, setting alerts, and resolving issues
* Experience supervising help desk and related PC's, software, printer, phone. Etc. troubleshooting
* Demonstrated experience in problem solving, including analyzing symptoms and causes, identifying and defining the problem to be solved, collecting data, establishing the facts, drawing valid conclusions and developing solutions
* Demonstrated experience managing service providers; Telcos, Backup/Storage, Disaster Recovery, Internet, Hosting companies, managed service providers
* Basic understanding of Shortel phone systems and telephony protocols
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Detail oriented with sound problem solving and time management
* Experience in movement of server equipment and employees to new location a plus
* Strong leadership qualities with the ability to establish and maintain solid working relationships with peers, vendors, management, and other departments within IT
* Ability to prioritize projects and develop solutions while adhering to overall Information Technology standards
* College degree in computer science, business or other discipline preferred, combined with 5-8 years' work experience
* MCSA/MCSE, CISSP, or CompTIA Network certifications desired
* 5 years' experience troubleshooting switches, routers, Ethernet and DSL connections (T1's, fiber, cable, copper).
* Ability to travel 10% if required
* City of Industry, CA as well as Duarte, CA
* Ability to lift 25 lbs. and crawl/reach to install components and cabling
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Prolacta Bioscience, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Prolacta Bioscience , Inc. is committed to a proactive program of affirmative action and diversity development. The Company will continue to recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job levels without regard to race, religion, gender, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or veteran status.