Director of Internal Audit 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY $10B SEC Manufacturer--Western Michigan--Competitive Salary
* Company offers competitive compensation package comprising of salary, equity, and annual performance bonus.
* Company offers employee development opportunities including certifications, tuition reimbursement, training, mentorship, mentorship, and leadership programs.
* Company provides a great culture where employees make a difference in the world!
NOTES FROM THE HIRING MANAGER
* Candidates with experience building out an Internal Audit Department a plus.
* Must have a roll-up sleeves mentality.
* Must have high-potential talent; former incumbent moved to a Global Finance role.
* Must have strong grasp of US GAAP.
* Interview process involves HR, a third-party interview, CAE, and an onsite interview.
* Medical device experiencepreferred.
* Company rated by Fortune as one of the 100 best companies in the US to work for.
* Targeting 15-25 years of experience.
POSITION SUMMARY OF DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT
The Director of Internal Audit is responsible for the administration and operations of the internal audit activity. The Director reports to the Vice President of Internal Audit and will be heavily involved in determining the department's strategy and objectives as well as supporting the VP in leading the global audit function. The Director of Internal Audit will oversee the annual risk assessment and the development of the annual internal audit plan. The Director will have significant exposure to key operational and financial leadership and will be expected to work with the business to drive improvements in the internal control environment and provide customer-oriented recommendations and solutions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OF DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting or financerequired.
* Public accounting experiencerequired.
* MBA preferred.
* CPA or equivalent professional certification required.
* 14 + years of professional experience in internal/external auditing, accounting, finance, business analysis, operations, or program evaluation with supervisory or project management experiencerequired.
* Unquestionable ethics and integrity.
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
* Confidence when interacting with Executive Leaders and Audit Committee.
* Have a proven track record of successfully directing and implementing strategic initiatives and operational priorities.
* Ability to thrive in a changing environment and drive improvements to achieve recognition as a "world class" internal audit function.
* Strong negotiation skills and the ability to resolve conflicts on a timely basis.
* Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO, the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and Code of Ethics, and pronouncements from the SEC and PCAOB.
* Extensive knowledge of risk management and control techniques and frameworks.
* Knowledge of information systems terminology, concepts, and practices.
* Familiarity with the common indicators of fraud.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF DIRECTOR OF INTERNAL AUDIT
* Direct a comprehensive internal audit program, including SOX, operational, financial, and compliance audit projects.
* Provide consulting services to organization's management.
* Identify and evaluate company's risk areas and oversee the development of the annual internal auditrisk assessment.
* Oversee development of the annual internal audit plan and evaluate significant business activities, determine integrity of financial data, and drive efficiency of operations and compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Ensure audits are conducted in accordance with the Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as defined by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
* Remain up-to-date on emerging trends and internal audit "hot spots" to ensure that best practices from the audit profession are incorporated.
* Direct overall performance of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, conducting interviews, reviewing and analyzing evidence, preparing summary memorandums, and documenting divisional processes and procedures.
* Review and approve scoping and resource allocation for individual audits.
* Review audit results and ensure issues, risks, and management action plans and timing are clearly communicated in auditreport.
* Oversee and work with business to ensure mitigating controls are implemented for identified deficiencies and that the remediation and closure of issues are handled timely.
* Establish department budget and effectively manage resources to complete audit plan within budget.
* Assist external auditors with quarterly reviews and annual audits by leveraging Internal Audit resources and testing.
* Track KPI's to monitor efficiency and performance execution of Internal Audit function.
* Oversee preparation of Audit Committee materials, participate in AC meetings and calls, and provide support regarding inquiries and special requests from AC Chairman.
* Possess extensive knowledge of risk management and control.
* Participate in special projects and assignments at the direction of the VP, Internal Audit.
* Support Business Practices investigations as required (allegations of misconduct, violations of code of conduct, conflicts of interest, theft, and suspected fraudulent activities).
* Assist VP, Internal Audit with improving employee engagement scores of IA department.
* Develop technical and leadership capabilities of direct reports (Internal Audit Managers and Senior Managers) and monitor training and development activities for staff and seniors.
* Actively participate in recruiting and talent acquisition and development activities.
* Attend selected Internal Audit and industry events, technical conferences, seminars, and trainings.
* Build strong working relationships with CFO, Controller, division and operational business leaders.
* Support company acquisition due diligence/integration activities.