Director of Internal Audit
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Audit Committee of Calix s Board of Directors, the Director of Internal Audit will be responsible for establishing a strong internal audit function that will evolve with Calix as it grows. Monitoring, improving and expanding existing controls will be an ongoing requirement, as will possessing the requisite written and oral presentational skills necessary to function at the board committee and senior leadership level. The Audit Committee is interested in having this individual look at a broader range of risks within Calix above and beyond Sarbanes Oxley plan compliance while also developing the capacity to bring value through operational as well as financial audits.
The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and will have the ability to drive critical changes and improvements at all levels and within all areas of Calix. An ability to command the attention of colleagues at all levels and in all functions of the company and of the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors is essential. Working with outside constituencies will also be important, including auditors, legal counsel and other entities.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
* Formulation and execution of an annual internal audit and Sarbanes Oxley ( SOX ) plan
* Leading and updating company SOX documentation and related controls while reviewing and re defining existing SOX and other controls, as necessary
* Accountability for outside consultants/contractors to assist with SOX responsibilities as well as with other initiatives, as necessary
* Coordination and evaluation of quarterly SOX certifications
* Reviewing all company processes and streamlining them and improving them, as necessary
* Assessment of impact of new business initiatives and systems changes on internal controls environment
* Assessment of the effectiveness of IT general and other controls
* Testing of both manual and automated controls
* Coordination with external auditors and ensuring the resolution of any issues identified in testing
* Maximization of outsiders ability to rely on the company s internal controls output
* Evaluation of any deficiencies, including related discussion with management and board members. Formulation and implementation of remediation plans, as necessary
* Maintenance of regular communication with process owners relating to:
* internal control structure,
* oversight and guidance on control design,
* operational effectiveness,
* ongoing change management, and
* effective monitoring of controls
* Direct development of enterprise wide business continuity plans including regular testing and maintenance
* Lead the investigation of any security incidents and breaches thereof, including any necessary changes across the business continuity teams
* Lead identified projects on an ad hoc basis
* Robust analytical capabilities
* Good understanding of financial reporting
* Proficient, probability based approach to risk assessment and related audits
* Proven problem solving skills, with the ability to define issues, collect relevant data, draw valid conclusions and recommend appropriate corrective actions
* Assertive personality with strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to work independently, across all disciplines and at all levels of the company
* Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required. Accounting, Legal, IT,engineering, manufacturing or MBA degree preferred
* Ideally 20+ years of experience in the areas of relevant expertise
* Some operating experience highly preferred
* Public company experience required. Larger manufacturing environments preferred
Travel: This position requires occasional travel, with most travel being outside Northern California and requiring overnight stays. Some international travel is anticipated.
Location: San Jose and/or Petaluma, California
Calix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calix is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Calix does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.