Director of International Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTHE POSITION:
Pegasystems requires a high level tax professional to direct all aspects of the global tax function. The company's tremendous global growth over the last few years now requires this position to keep abreast of all tax laws in over 20 jurisdictions and be able to convey to the Pega community how those tax laws impact the business operations in order to minimize tax risks. This individual will also be required to work in conjunction with the IT Department to develop solutions within our current IT environment to enable the department to work smarter and more efficiently given the increased compliance volume. This individual must be able to work independently and self-direct the Tax Department's objectives.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Supervise preparation of all domestic and foreign tax compliance
* Manage quarterly and annual ASC 740 reporting and FIN 48 Analysis
* Interact with external audit leads on inquiries and prepare technical and non-technical memoranda and correspondence for files, external audit team, and internal clients
* Develop process automation throughout all internal IT systems to assist with the global tax function
* Demonstrate expertise on all tax laws in the jurisdictions in which Pega operates
* Monitor legislative changes in tax laws and perform research on potential impact to the company
* Communicate to Pega community how tax laws impact the business operations and provide recommendations on how to minimize tax risks
* Provide ad-hoc support of strategic business decisions to senior leadership team
* A rapidly growing yet well-established business
* The world's most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
* Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
* A growing finance and accounting team on an international scale
The ideal candidate will have expert understanding of domestic and international tax law compliance with a keen ability to multitask, work independently, and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Extensive understanding of ASC 740 and ASC 740-10 is a key requirement for this position. The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of experience working for a public accounting firm. Additional experience leading process improvement and system enhancement is strongly preferred.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
* Minimum 7-8 years of public accounting experience in tax
* High degree of knowledge in tax and IT systems
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of ASC 740 and ASC 740-10
* Excellent organizational and project management skills with a desire for continuous improvement
* Diligent and thorough, with an attention to detail
* International experience required
* Experience in a high tech, publicly traded company a plus
* Experience utilizing IntelliConnect tax research tools
* Ability to communicate complex and technical matters effectively
Pegasystems' Build for Change(R) Platform is the heart of Better Business Software(tm). It delivers business agility and empowers leading organizations to rapidly close execution gaps and seize new opportunities. Pegasystems leverages its recognized leadership in Business Process Management (BPM), Multi-Channel Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Business Rules, and Adaptive Analytics to uniquely give its clients the power to engage customers, simplify operations and Build For Change(R).
_As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law._