Director of Investor Relations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Working with the VP - Finance, the Director of Investor Relations is responsible for the Investor Relations activities of the company, including driving sustained shareholder value by informing management about market sentiment and attracting and retaining long-term shareholders through effective communication and outreach.
* Establish strategy for communicating the company's financial and strategic goals and results of operations externally to the investment community.
* Work closely with senior executive management to deliver effective investor messaging and provide them with timely investor sentiment.
* Manage relationships with current and potential investors as well as to sell side research analysts.
* Bring an investor perspective to relevant internal interactions.
* Review and understand analyst reports and financial models in relation to the company's current financial forecasts and guidance.
* Draft quarterly earnings releases, call scripts, investor presentations and other investor materials. This includes frequent and direct collaboration with the CEO, CFO, Chief Legal Officer, and Finance, Operations, and Corporate Communications teams.
* Manage investor outreach activities, including participation at appropriate conferences, facilitation of investor roadshows, and meetings and conference calls with buy and sell side contacts.
* Design the annual report and work with Legal to prepare the annual meeting and other corporate activities.
* Maintain routine contact with the Company's stock surveillance firm and other vendors regarding the stock performance, shareholder base and macroeconomic factors affecting the Company's stock.
* Bachelor's Degree in finance, or related field
* 5+ years in an investor relations leadership role, or 7+ years of investor relations experience in a publicly traded company
* Track record of success as a trusted company spokesperson to the investor community, with a strong ability to build relationships with both the buy side and the sell side
* Significant experience with financial modeling techniques used by buy-side and sell-side analysts
* Significant experience writing IR press releases, quarterly earnings scripts, Q&A and investor presentations
* Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels throughout the organization
* Experience using IR database platforms including Ipreo, Bloomberg, Nasdaq/IR Insights
* Understanding of SEC and regulations impacting communications
* Energetic, motivated, strategic thinker able to adapt quickly in an exceptionally seasonal business while maintaining strong attention to detail
* Willingness to travel as needed (approximately 15 - 20%)