Director of Labor & Delivery 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are looking for DIRECTOR OF LABOR & DELIVERY for our client in RESTON, VA
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF LABOR & DELIVERY
JOB LOCATION: RESTON, VA
JOB TYPE: FULL TIME
* Required Director of Labor & Delivery
* The Director is responsible for the leadership, successful operations, and quality of the service at the facility and facilitates the integration and teamwork of all for optimal care of patients.
* Works in conjunction with the facility administrative staff and clinical staff to ensure the highest level of care for patients, and ensures that all services provided meet all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
* The Director works with physicians to adopt and incorporate quality initiatives, understand economic considerations, and increase physician/hospital alignment.
* Responsible for development of strategic and tactical plans to maximize the effectiveness of Labor and Delivery services at the facility.
* This includes budget planning and management (capital and operational).
* Provides effective and responsive leadership for Labor & Delivery services.
* Demonstrates qualities of a role model, clearly focused on the goals and objectives of services and the facility.
* Demonstrates excellent skills in all forms of communication, and works well with others in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
* Demonstrates effective verbal and written skills, including the ability to write extensive proformas, proposals, and reports, the ability to deliver effective presentations and speeches, and the ability to share this knowledge with others.
* Maintains organizational performance goals.
* Proactively supports the delivery of quality of service and promotes this as a fundamental value of employment at the facility.
* Develops strategic and budget planning for the service.
* Demonstrates excellent resource management, including awareness of cost and reimbursement implications for the facility. Serves as role model for others in this area.
* Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols. Supports the hospital mission, vision, and values, as well as those of HCA.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Master's Degreepreferred, otherwise obtained within 3years.
* Licensure: Current state Registered Nurse license
* Experience: Minimum of 3years as a Nurse Manager in a high volume L&D (High Volume around 3,000 deliveries per year)
* 2+ to 5years experience
* Management ExperienceRequired - Yes
* Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
* Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
* Nurse Management experience in high volume L&D: 3,000 deliveries per year