Director of Labor Relations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
General Building Contractor's Association (GBCA
JOB DESCRIPTIONScion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct a search for the Director of Labor Relations on behalf of our client, the General Building Contractors Association (GBCA). This full time, onsite position is for immediate hire and is based in the organization's headquarter offices in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Established in 1891, the Philadelphia chapter of the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) provides more than 300 member companies with access to proven advocacy, networking opportunities, safety services, education, and training programs. When members want to fundamentally improve how their business operates, they turn to the GBCA who provides a forum for members to engage in collaborative activities; promoting education, safety, marketing, and better relationships within the industry as well as with labor and government.
As one of America's oldest trade associations, GBCA advances commercial construction in the Philadelphia region by serving as a powerful voice, a critical resource, and an industry watchdog. GBCA's membership ranks include commercial, industrial and institutional general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers and construction service firms.
Through collaborative relationships with general presidents and business managers of the various building trades, other trade associations and negotiating teams, the GBCA starts conversations about critical issues to establish productive relationships and facilitate future business opportunities. Additionally, GBCA administers 5 trade agreements in counties across Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland.
The Director, Labor Relations provides proactive and reactive labor relations expertise, consistent with the overall labor policy and strategy, to the Association and Members; supporting the achievement of the Association's short and long-term objectives. The Director, Labor Relations also coordinates the activities of the management negotiating teams for the basic trades.
This role reports to the President of the Association and works closely with the Board of Directors and stakeholders, and the executive management team.
LABOR DEPARTMENT OPERATIONS:
* Serve as a key contact point on labor relations issues.
* Provide comprehensive language analysis and summary documents for general and specialty trade agreements as required by industry stakeholders and the Association, interpretation and application of the collective bargaining agreement.
* Evaluate grievances and other local conflicts resulting from the labor Agreements to determine if contractual violations have occurred, and implement appropriate remedies to grieving parties.
* Provide support, clarification and follow-up to bargaining unit members.
* Advise management regarding the development, application, and interpretation of labor relations policies and practices.
* Build and maintain relationships with key labor organizations and their representatives.
* Provide contractors with guidance and support regarding area agreements, labor disputes and measures to prevent work stoppages.
* Develop and maintain the Association labor relations information systems, detailing significant events and corrective actions.
* Arrange and schedule meetings between Association members, Association leadership and business representative of affected labor unions to investigate and resolve grievances.
* Prepare statistical reports using records of actions taken concerning disputes identify modifications required in future negotiations and plan strategy accordingly.
* Coordinate and schedule negotiations with the unions and the Association's collective bargaining agreements.
* Develop relationships with other bargaining associations and collaborate as needed throughout regional negotiations.
* Upon reaching tentative agreements, develop MOU's and gain acceptance for all Agreements
* Review all draft agreements prior to printing authorization.
* Schedule and attend post negotiation talks with the trades in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding to discuss and finalize ancillary issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Deep experience with labor relations and contracts (8-10+ years preferred)
* Strong understanding of the market, industry business and management principles
* Appreciation for, and ability to create, successful partnerships
* Exceptional skill in program development
* Project management experience; oversight of planning, tracking and reporting financial outcomes
* Ability to "sell" to the needs of stakeholders
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Positive leadership and contagious high energy
* Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet goals
* Superb communications and presentation skills
* Uncompromising ethics
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
In addition to a starting base salary, dependent on your experience, this role also includes an exceptional package of health benefits; (100% employee medical & dental provided), generous 401k employer contributions and a job you will love!
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration please email your resume and a cover letter describing your professional background, qualifications and salary requirements to the attention of Elissa at email@example.com.
ABOUT OUR FIRM:
Scion Executive Search, a division of Scion Staffing, Inc., is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Cultivated in the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization's mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at www.nonprofitexecutivesearchfirm.com.
_Scion Staffing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and service provider committed to not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent._