Director of Laboratory
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00384-2280
Fairview Park Hospital is a leader in healthcare for the City of Dublin, Laurens County, and the surrounding communities. Fairview Park is a state-of-the-art, 190-bed acute care facility providing community healthcare services including a 24-hour Emergency Room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, and rehabilitation services. In addition, Fairview provides specialty services through facilities such as the Sleep Center at Fairview Park, the Same Day Surgery Center, the Heart Center at Fairview Park, and the Women s Imaging Center.
We are looking for a new Director of the Laboratory Department, to be responsible for the successful operation of the Clinical Lab, Pathology and the Blood Bank.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years of Supervisory or Managerial Experience in a Laboratory Setting
EDUCATION: Medical Technologist Certified (ASCP), Bachelor's Degree in a related field, Master's Degree preferred
1. Must have full knowledge of College of American Pathologists, Georgia Department of Human Resources and Joint Commission standards concerning laboratory operations.
2. Demonstrates competent administrative, leadership and laboratory skills including knowledge of JCAHO and CAP standards and guides laboratory towards full compliance with any required regulatory agency.
3. Manages laboratory expertly, focusing on performance, productivity, efficiency and financial performance. Solves problems and communicates effectively with lab's employees, other departments and administration. Remains professional at all times.
4. Focuses Department on elements of Patient's First Service in an effort to continually improve hospital's patient satisfaction scores. Selects the proper candidates for employment, trains and ensures laboratory quality standards.
5. Fosters an environment where cooperation, communication, teamwork, diversity and group efforts are valued. Leads the team to make appropriate business decisions.
6. Continues self-development, seeking opportunities to broaden and expand knowledge base.
7. Reflects HCA values, supports the Ethics and Compliance Program, actions always consistent with the code of conduct, fosters trust in relationships and always behaves ethically and honestly.
Last Edited: 08/09/2016