Director of Logistics, Bureau of Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
The Division of Administration, Bureau of Operations is seeking an experienced, highly motivated, analytical, and talented individual to serve in the capacity of "Director of Logistics" for emergency preparedness and response, under the direction of the Assistant Commissioner for the Bureau of Operations. The Bureau of Operations is responsible for Citywide management of District Health facilities in all five boroughs and leading the Logistics Section during ICS activations. Operations also provides infrastructure and general business services to the Agency. With latitude for independent judgment and decision-making, the incumbent will have oversight for the following:
* Provide advice and guidance to programs on the administration of contracts, including amendments, modifications and renewals.
* Coordinate with DOHMH's Office of Emergency Preparedness develop, monitor, review and complete contract activities.
* Prepare procurement documents, including Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Competitive Sealed Bids.
* Monitor performance and execution of the divisions' finances in relation to Agency executive management indicators.
* Provide support to the Assistant Commissioner.
* Provide management and direction of all areas of Logistics, including staffing, emergency purchases/supplies, printing and reproduction, security and transportation.
* Monitor, review, and complete contract activities for the Division of Administration.
* Meet with and/or attend meetings with OBA, ACCO, Internal Accounting and Vendors on various budgets/contractual activities.
* Utilize Agency and Citywide systems in the processing and approval of procurement actions and contract awards.
* Regularly represent the Bureau in meetings, compile reports, manage workload and time management needs of staff to ensure timely completion of assignments to meet targeted goals and objectives.
* Establish operating policies, implement and monitor action plans to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
* Provide technical assistance; attend bureau-wide and public health preparedness emergencies.
* Prepare quantitative and qualitative quarterly status reports for management reviews.
* The Director of Logistics will be required to work evenings, nights and weekends during ICS activations.
* Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of full-time, satisfactory professional, technical or administrative experience in one or more of the following fields: program evaluation, contract negotiations/management, business or public administration, contract community relations, or related fields; at least eighteen months must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity, or supervising professional personnel performing work in program evaluation, contract negotiation/management, business or public administration; or
2. A four year high school diploma, or its equivalent, and six years of full-time, professional, technical or administrative work experience in one or more of the fields cited above; at least eighteen months must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity, or supervising professional personnel as described in "1" above; or
3. A satisfactory equivalent of education and experience as cited above. However, all candidates must have the eighteen months of administrative, managerial or executive experience or experience supervising professional personnel as described in "1" above.
a) Extensive experience and skills in health emergencies and preparedness;
b) Highly developed analytic abilities and writing skills;
c) Leadership ability;
d) Resourcefulness; and ability to work effectively on all levels of staff.
We appreciate the interest and thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.