Director of Logistics Operations 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client is a nationwide third-party logistics (3PL) company with 28 facilities throughout the US and Canada that provides warehousing and manufacturing support services to industrial and automotive customers. It seeks to hire a DIRECTOR OF LOGISTICS OPERATIONS to manage significant developing new business in automotive manufacturing replenishment in a warehouse campus with 1MM SF of distribution space in HAYWARD, CA. This facility receives parts from suppliers, inspects them for defects, and meters them to production plants just-in-time (JIT).
This position requires a strong operations manager with experience in Automotive launches, as well as with port logistics arrangement. A qualified candidate will have at least 5years of 3PL and/or distribution management, good written communication skills, and experience in using SAP.
OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT -
* Support daily plant production operations and personnel, including planning, inbound material receipts, labor oversight, kitting/ picking, and on-time shipment.
* Hire, train, and coach, and manage employees to achieve optimum levels of productivity and accuracy.
* Coordinate customer delivery requests and labor scheduling to ensure on-time material replenishment to manufacturing plants and on-time shipment.
* Maintain accurate physical inventories by implementing cycle counts, resolving inventory discrepancies.
* Resolve problems dealing with movement/late delivery of shipments, invoices, and freight bills.
* Manage inventory and warehouse operations using SAP ERP.
* Maintain metric reports as required by management and or customers.
* Conduct and facilitate Kaizen workouts with supervisors and personnel to assess current processes and challenges, to encourage input and jointly develop solution options, provide training, and manage change.
* Initiatives will focus on improving current process efficiency, material flow, labor productivity, quality, on-time shipment, safety and space utilization.
* Measure and monitor performance across multiple facilities on a continuous basis to identify improvement opportunities, to maintain process control, and ensure that improvement benefits are realized.
* Direct reports include materials coordinators, Quality, logistics coordinators and facility managers.
* At least 5years of direct plant production OR warehouse operations management experience.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Automotive launch planning and port logistics.
* At least 5years of experience in domestic freight arrangement including truckload, LTL and parcel.
* Experience in the use of SAP for production and warehouse management is highly desirable.
* Must demonstrate labor management and successful leadership and team building skills.
* Demonstrated success in driving process re-engineering and operational improvement projects with evidence of increased productivity and cost savings.
* Training may include Lean and Six Sigma certification, and Kaizen workout experience.
* Interpersonal skills to communicate with plant manager, sales staff, and warehouse personnel.
* Strong organization, communication, and computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
* US Citizenship or permanent residency is preferred.
* Bachelor's Degreepreferably in Engineering or Business (Ops Mgmt), or equivalent work experience.