Director of Loss Prevention
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
New Orleans, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
The Director of Loss Prevention will be responsiblefor directing and overseeing the day to day functions of the security department, including protection of hotel guests, associates and property. The candidate will be a highly skilled, extremely professional individual to provide leadership within the loss prevention department. The candidate must be able to manage payroll, expenses and other financials within the department. The candidate will provide leadership, coaching, training, and progressive discipline when necessary to all associates within the department. The candidate will have responsibilities to include but are not limited to management of lost and found, property loss investigations, injury investigations, and detailed report writing. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing fire drills, maintaining the safety of the hotel, conducting monthly safety meetings, and preparing Hurricane evacuation plans.
* Ensures all Security standards are properly followed.
* Reviews all reports completed by Security officers to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
* Reports all observed hotel property deficiencies and safety hazards.
* Ensures thorough and complete investigation for all incidents incurred by guests and associates (i.e. losses, thefts, accidents, and acts of violence).
* Maintains guest room surveillance procedures.
* Maintains an effective key control program.
* Ensures that shift personnel are properly assigned at all times.
* College degree preferred, but not required.
* Must have 2+ years experience in Loss Prevention/Security Management role.
* Experience in Loss Prevention in an upscale establishment preferred.
* Must have excellent written and verbal skills with great presentation skills.
* Previous experience in hospitality preferred.
* Proven professionalism with guests and associates required.
* Experience with and familiarity with OSHA standards required.
* Previous experience with training and maintenance of safety standards.
* Must have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include all shifts, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: