Director of Magnet Program
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Fort Worth, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 00073-84007
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the DIRECTOR OF MAGNET PROGRAM is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and overseeing the overall Magnet Recognition Program and the Magnet designation/re-designation process and related programs. This position works closely with leadership and staff in executing the Magnet Recognition Program initiatives. Is responsible for submitting applications, interim monitoring reports, and Magnet documents (initial and re-designation) based on the Magnet criteria. Develops and implements organizational strategies and infrastructure to support clinical quality, operational effectiveness, and shared leadership which are all essential to the Magnet Program . Acts as a liaison with all departments within the organization to promote nursing excellence and to further the Magnet philosophy.
* Supports the HCA Code of Conduct. Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organization mission and goals.
* Ensures patient/personal safety by maintaining a safe and therapeutic environment and adhering to Safety Program and Infection Control Programs.
* Supports hospital and departmental Performance Improvement Goals.
* Demonstrates and promotes Plaza Promise initiatives.
* Contributes to the organization s five indicators of success:
o Employee Satisfaction
o Physician Satisfaction
o Patient Satisfaction
o Continuous Performance Improvement
o Community Involvement
* Assumes accountability for the Magnet Recognition Program .
* Maintains data to support the Magnet initiatives/program requirements.
* Utilizes innovative approaches to foster an environment of excellence.
* Serves as a liaison, role model, resource and leader of programs/services/committees as needed to further the efforts of the Magnet Recognition Program .
* Collaborates with the organization s key leaders to design processes, systems and programs to promote professional development, support professional nursing practice and shared leadership.
* Assists in the development and attainment of organizational goals; enhances the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the organization.
* BSN and MSN required.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
* RN with current licensure or RN with current temporary permit to practice from the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas.
* Current BCLS certification.
* Current Specialty certification preferred.
* 5 years of experience in management/administration managing large scale projects.
Prior experience as a Magnet Program Director preferred.
Last Edited: 09/08/2016