Director of Manufacturing Operations--Torrance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. We currently have an opening for a Director of Manufactuirng Operations for our Torrance, CA facility.
The successful candidate will provide leadership, management and control of all manufacturing operations to the Operations team. This role will plan, organize and direct manufacturing operations for the facility in support of short and long-range strategic goals to facilitate the manufacture of products at defined quality levels, minimize operating costs and maximize efficiencies in order to meet on-time delivery and service goals for our customers. We are looking for an inspirational leader and team player who fosters a collaborative environment and develops a culture enabling high levels of morale and associate engagement, resulting in exemplary performance in safety, quality, delivery and cost to improve Pelican's competitive edge in the plastics manufacturing industry.
* Plans, coordinates and directs manufacturing activities and personnel into an integrated organization to meet established product delivery schedules and produces the forecast shipment level at a total cost not to exceed normalized budgetary ratios.
* Drives lean transformation and ensures that the concept of "lean principles" are in force throughout manufacturing in support of the Operation's goals.
* Establishes the necessary standards to measure (quantitative and qualitative) progress and contribute toward the goals in each department.
* Drives and fosters a culture of safety excellence and ensures that first and foremost our associates are safe and injury free. Deploys ergonomics programs, risk assessments to gauge job hazards and continually challenges the status quo by deploying new and improved work methods, fixturing, tooling and capital equipment.
* Prepares appropriate reports and proposals for review by the Sr. VP of WW Operations to drive continuous improvement, and when approved, implement changes and measure and report results.
* Develops and deploys leading indicators for all KPI's and ensures they are prominently displayed and acted upon to drive behaviors and results.
* BS Degree in related field, with 10+ years' experience in manufacturing operations, a make to stock manufacturing environment characterized by medium volume and high mix. Plastic injection manufacturing experience is highly desirable. Proven track record of success in manufacturing management.
* Must be a zealot for lean manufacturing and have a solid grasp on lean manufacturing concepts and demonstrated track record of developing and deploying a lean transformation plan.
* Must be an expert problem solver and have ability to use data to drive informed based decision making.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of creating high performing teams.
* Must demonstrate attention to detail, solid judgment, ability to plan and accomplish goals, and champion ethical business practices at all times.
* Must demonstrate leadership skills, have ability to bring together virtual teams and build consensus at all levels of the organization.
* Must be a self-motivated, proactive, focused high-achiever who consistently delivers results and has the ability to make rapid adjustments in response to industry changes.
* Demonstrated success recruiting, building, developing, coaching and retaining a highly motivated, synchronized operations team with a sense of urgency and a drive to excel.
* Must have the ability to assess personnel requirements and organize, plan, staff and lead operations; must be able to translate Company objectives into executable plans and effectively communicate and drive them.
* Must have highly developed writing and verbal presentation skills,
* Proficient in spreadsheet, word-processing, project management and presentation software.
* Proven track record of exceeding business objectives year over year and completing assignments within agreed upon time frames and budgetary guidelines.
* Must be able to demonstrate leadership skills and interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.