Director of Marketing for Genomics Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 12/4/2016
Santa Clara, CA
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing for the Genomics business will be responsible for leading a team that delivers marketing and product strategy and operations for the Genomics Solutions Division and will be a role model responsible for developing cross Agilent and DGG internal partnerships as well as external customer relationships, and the design and delivery of marketing programs in order to achieve business objectives. He or she will be responsible for the leadership and development of future leaders and for building organization capabilities in their global organization.
The key goal for the Director of Marketing is to drive the Genomics portfolio towards the routine clinical laboratory with strong focus on product solutions, while continuing to grow Agilent s Genomics presence in the life science research industry
The successful candidate will provide leadership and management of the business unit's strategic and tactical marketing activities on a global basis, including:
* product and portfolio strategy development,
* go-to-market and commercialization strategies,
* product and portfolio positioning, marketing programs planning & execution,
* the development and management of operational and financial plans
The preferred candidate has extensive experience within marketing from a molecular diagnostic company but also strong knowledge of the Life science research industry. It is furthermore an advantage with working experience from one of the tier-one management consultancy companies.
* Lead product management activities including market and customer research, segmentation, market and product requirements definition. Effectively translate these needs & requirements into effective business objectives and product strategies.
* Lead the development of Portfolio & Product positioning, go-to-market, and commercialization strategies.
* Product/portfolio pricing, naming, positioning, packaging and definition.
* Participate in the development of annual operational and financial plans.
* Act as the business unit lead for the annual Strategic Planning process.
* Serve as a role model for establishing effective cross-functional relationships with the GSD, DGG and other Agilent organizations marketing, field operations, R&D, Engineering, and Applications Development for Product Development efforts.
* Serve as the key owner and role model for establishing cross-business relationships to define, develop, and drive strategic alignment and applications delivery.
* Serve as a role model for establishing effective cross-functional relationships with Field Sales & Applications to enable effective implementation of go-to-market and commercialization strategies.
* Facilitate global field forecasting planning process for orders, revenue, and order fulfillment demand forecasting. Lead regular regional orders forecasting updates with each region to support weekly and monthly business planning requirements.
* Lead the definition of business-unit annual marketing plans in coordination with field sales, field marketing, segment marketing and GSD MarCom. Ensure timely and effective execution of the marketing tactics & programs.
* Oversee product marketing including product launch management, sales training, presentations, sales tools development, competitive analysis and general sales support.
* Develop and manage the business-unit's marketing budget(s).
* Effectively lead, direct and develop marketing staff. Develop a future leadership pipeline.
* Bachelors or Masters in Biology, Chemistry or life sciences discipline.
* Typically will have a minimum of 7 years of increasing managerial experience specifically in molecular diagnostics and/or Genomics Life Science Marketing
* Proven ability to define and/or oversee impactful design of program and organization strategies.
* Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in sales, marketing, and business (competitive) strategy.
* Experience in complete solutions marketing and differentiated consumables marketing. Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
o Exceptional results in developing and implementing marketing and go-to-market/commercialization strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
o Demonstrated track-record of effective product marketing/management of a broad portfolio into the designated markets and success in launching new, complex life science and diagnostics products and achieve excellent business results.
o Established record of success in effectively leading and managing projects across global matrix teams
o Proven success in integrating resources across complex functions (sales, marketing, R & D, Supply chain), technologies, distinct business units, and multiple geographies to over-deliver on customer needs.
o Demonstrated use of marketing skills in penetrating the diagnostic and research markets to drive commercialization of products
* Proven track record of results directly developing, driving and maintaining a high performance team, product line, cutting edge technology and strong market presence.
o Proven ability to attract, retain, develop and reward top talent. Prior experience managing other managers preferred
o Evidence of having provided personal leadership and organizational development through example.
o Capacity to assume more significant breadth of responsibilities over time.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex topics simply.
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the EEO is the Law poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability..