Director of Nursing Education & Standards
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Jersey City Medical Center / Barnabas Health Care
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou are in demand everywhere...but it pays to come here!
If you want to work in a premier hospital that wins awards, nurtures people, and tirelessly strives to advance care, you'll find your match at Jersey City Medical Center. Our not-for-profit hospital, a proud member of Barnabas Health, has been honored time and again-for our strides in patient care and safety, and as the regional leader in specialties like cardiology, stroke, and trauma care.
As our status and patient volume continue to grow, we are adding talent to our organization
Among our many accolades, we have been designated 5 times the only A-Rated for Safety Hospital, awarded Magnet Recognition for superior nursing, named Best Regional Hospital by US News and World Report and ranked among the 100 best places to work in healthcare (nationally). Jersey City Medical Center is also ideally located- in the vibrant Jersey City waterfront community overlooking the harbor, just 10 minutes from New York City, with a grand view of the Statue of Liberty.
* Assesses trends & innovations within healthcare such as with population health and stays abreast of federal and state standards impacting care delivery in order to identify educational needs for professional nursing practice that supports ongoing quality improvement and positive patient outcomes. Designs, directs and evaluates nursing and general education for Jersey City Medical Center (JCMC) by directing a team of Nurse Educators in the provision of continuous professional development and learning activities for JCMC leadership and nursing staff supportive of the Magnet program model.
* Develops, manages and monitors clinical affiliation agreements inclusive of nurse residency programs. Directs educational activities with outside agencies including schools and other facilities
* Serves as an Educational Consultant to facilities, task forces, committees, and projects relating to policy, procedure and program development and nursing research activities
* Evaluates the Nursing Department's education programs on an ongoing basis. This evaluation includes effectiveness of implementation as well as the effect on the entire organization (quality/performance outcomes)
* Manages contracts and vendor relations for products and services associated with education and professional development such as the learning management system and web-based patient learning portal.
Master's degree preferred in nursing or areas of expertise. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, current New Jersey Registered Nurse License required. BLS/ACLS certification; certification in area of specialty preferred.
Barnabas Health offers excellent-provided benefits which include: competitive compensation, comprehensive medical/dental benefits, 403 (B) savings plan, Flexible Spending Plans, PTO program, tuition reimbursement and so much more. Equal Employment Opportunity
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://saintbarnabas.contacthr.com/50600242.jpg /