Director of Nursing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDIRECTOR OF NURSING
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED
Responsible for oversight of the daily clinical and administrative operations of the nursing department to assure that each resident receives the necessary care and services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being, in accordance with their comprehensive plan of care. Assures that the nursing department's philosophy and objectives incorporate evidence-based practice in providing high quality care and quality of life to each resident. Services as an advocate for the residents and staff under his/her direction. Fosters high standards of resident care through the provision and promotion of diligent orientation and continuing education efforts, adequate levels of nursing personnel, properly prepared nursing supervisors and managers, and current policies and procedures.
* Assures nursing organizational structure supports clinical and administrative standards and goals that will enable the center to achieve its mission and ongoing survey readiness and regulatory compliance.
* Leads nursing management team to ensure quality outcomes.
* Knowledgeable of applicable federal, state and other regulations, including state specific clinical practice acts.
* Accountable for consistent assignments in the center and adjustments to staffing based upon census, acuity and budget.
* Assures effective recruitment and retention plans exist, and participates in their implementation.
* Promotes effective working conditions, and positive employee relations.
* Participates in budget discussions and staffing composition recommendations.
* Participates in the nursing center Performance Improvement process by analyzing outcomes, identifying trends and developing plans of corrections.
* Collaborates with other members of the health care team as needed.
* Reviews prospective resident referrals in accordance with the clinical grid to assure that clinical services can be provided. Assesses nursing department educations needs and sets obtainable goals to enable the center to provide more complex clinical services that will broaden the center's referral base.
* Assumes responsibilities and authority of operations in the short term absence of the CEO
* Remains knowledgeable about the residents and their conditions through mechanisms such as making daily rounds and discussion with charge nurse and promotes person-centered care.
* Promotes and evaluates resident and family satisfaction with nursing services
* Advocates for and assists with smooth transitions of care from one setting to another through effective communication and discharge planning activities.
* Promotes an environment where residents' rights are protected and residents are free from abuse and neglect.
* Responsible for evaluating staff development needs for the nursing department.
* Ensures clinical competency of all nursing staff. Collaborates with staff development coordinator to develop and manage systems to assure clinical competencies during the hiring process and annually. Encourages ongoing professional organizations, and completing formal academic programs.
* Participates in employee recognition programs.
* Communicates effectively, actively listens and functions effectively as a part of the team.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN or MSN preferred.
* At least one year of leadership experience in administration and management in a health care organization.
* At least one year of experience in geriatric nursing/long-term care nursing preferred.
* Certification as a director of nursing or nursing executive/administrator in long term care preferred.