Director of Nursing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Newport News, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of Nursing for the Registered Nursing (RN) program is responsible for the administration, planning, implementation and evaluation of the RN program. This includes supervision of faculty and students. The position is a full-time position. The individual reports to the Campus President, and coordinates with the Associate Dean of the School of Health Science regarding licensed practical nursing policies and practices. The Director does not have a teaching assignment but may fill in for faculty during absences or staffing shortages.
* Interview and select nursing faculty who are qualified and contribute to the program and student outcomes.
* Supervise and evaluate program faculty including in-class reviews of each instructor.
* Provide evaluation and feedback to the program on course materials, current changes in practice, standards of practice, and student accomplishment of course and program outcomes.
* Leadership within the faculty for the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of the RN program curriculum plan and course content in accordance with program standards and student and University needs.
* Oversee the admission, academic progression and graduation of students.
* Coordinate with Vice President for all correspondence between the Board of Nursing and other accrediting bodies.
* Evaluate student progress and competency based on program philosophy and objectives.
* Prepare reports necessary for continued approval or accreditation of the RN program.
* Evaluate and recommend textbooks, reference books and other teaching materials.
* Orient new faculty to policies and procedures of the University and the RN department. Plan and lead program Advisory Board meetings.
* Seek new clinical agencies/facilities as needed to provide quality experiences for students and support program growth.
* Assist faculty by providing evaluation devices of student learning and clinical experience to measure progress and competency based on program philosophy and objectives.
* Schedule visits to clinical sites to observe faculty and students at work.
* Act as liaison with Associate Dean of the School of Health Science for program policies and practices, central administration and other units of the parent institution.
* Maintain relationships with central administration, other program administrators, clinical agencies, and the appropriate agencies as required.
* Direct activities of the faculty to insure educational continuity.
* Create and maintain an environment conducive to teaching and learning.
* Participate in academic advisement and counseling of students.
* Provide opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness.
* Develop, implement, and evaluate the mission, philosophy, program objectives, program outcomes, course outcomes, and systematic evaluation plan on a regular basis.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Masters of Science degree in Nursing required.
* Current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
* Minimum of two years of experience in nursing service or nursing education as a registered nurse which enables the individual to provide leadership and assume the other responsibilities of the position.
* Minimum of two calendar years prior full-time employment or the equivalent in clinical nursing practice as a registered nurse or advanced practice nurse.
What does ECPI University have to offer*
* A focus on students and academic excellence
* Small class sizes
* Professional work environment
* Talented and committed co-workers
* An adult-focused accelerated schedule
* An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
* Competitive compensation & benefits plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/Disability/Vet.