Director of Nursing
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Leandro, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPlans, organizes, directs, evaluates and coordinates inpatient nursing services and/or integrated outpatient- inpatient nursing services across the continuum of care within a Service Area or within a single medical center. Works with and the Medical Group staff developing strategic plans, providing quality care, cost effective services which are aligned with federal, state, and local regulations.
* Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services. Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and accrediting agencies.
* Collaborates with other Service Directors in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices, emphasizing service improvements and cost reduction.
* Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies. Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation.
* Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services.
* Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues.
* Directs the budget and resource allocations. Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
* May act as site administrator.
Minimum one (1) year of experience as skilled nursing facility (SFN) Director of Nursing.
* Minimum eight (8) years of nursing experience in patient care required.
* Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
* Minimum one (1) year of experience as skilled nursing facility (SFN) Director of Nursing.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
* BSN OR bachelor's degree in health care related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
* Current California RN license required.
* BLS certificate required.
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
* Demonstrate knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
* Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
* Master's degreepreferred.