Director of Nursing 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE ORGANIZATION:
Located in greater Washington DC, this post-acute system offers a full spectrum of specialized services and programs to patients who require extended acute hospitalization and skilled nursing care. The organization's goal is to help patients reclaim control of their lives, reach their highest level of functioning and return home to their families. As a smaller, specialized hospital, they offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you have an opportunity to know your patients and their families.
This organization is seeking a Director of Nursing to join the Skilled Nursing Facility management team. The Director of Nursing (DON) plans, directs and monitors the delivery of nursing and care. Understands and integrates the needs of adult and geriatric patients in the organization and delivery of nursing care. Key areas of responsibility include day-to-day operational management, staffing, personnel management and development, medical staff communication, facilitation of intra- and interdepartmental relations, and monitoring the quality and appropriateness of care and clinical outcomes. The DON maintains current knowledge and conformance with regulatory requirements for areas of oversight. The DON actively participates in the development of the capital and operating budgets and in the development and implementation of new clinical programs. The DON maintains sound professional philosophy, commitment to standards of excellence in patient care, exercises strong communication across all levels of staff, assists in program development, and ensures the competency, professional growth, and technical development of all members. The DON is responsible for maintaining competency and providing clinical leadership.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
* Three to five years of skilled nursing leadership experience
* Current valid RN license or eligibility for licensure.
* Strong assessment and clinical skills, with demonstrated leadership and management skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Must have demonstrated experience in work with multiple departments.
* Must be knowledgeable in the principles of survey continuous quality improvement process and readiness.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This organization offers a highly competitive compensation package, relocation assistance, and opportunity for professional growth within one of the largest and fastest growing post-acute care companies in the Country.